Happy Monday! I hope you are having a good Columbus Day holiday! I know this is a busy travel day for many and if you are in a travel artery, I hope it is not too clogged for you.
Miles, Points, and Deals
- Earn Bonus Miles with New United Shopping Portal Offer – If you are one of the millions that shop online, you can earn a few more bonus miles if you start through the United shopping portal and meet their minimums.
- Baseball Postseason Is Here! Get Your Tickets or VIP Packages with Points! – If you are a Chicago Cubs fan or a fan of luxury seats at the playoffs, you will be disappointed! But, there should still be some packages available that could help you watch your favorite team in the playoffs!
- How One Airline Employee’s Attitude Can Make a Huge Difference – For the Passengers and the Airline – It is amazing how one airline employee can make a potentially frustrating situation for a lot of passengers much easier to manage – and put the airline in a good light as well.
- The Mega Southwest $49 Sale Is Here – Check Your Current Reservations to Save More! [Expired] – Hopefully you were able to grab some deals with this Southwest sale! This was one of the two big sales each year. However, even if you missed it, chances are about 110% that there will be another Southwest sale tomorrow – just not likely as good.
- Tips to Make the Most Out of Airline Delays and Cancellations – Delays and cancellations when traveling by air can be a big problem for travelers. However, here are some tips that you can use to make the most of these problems.
- This Passenger Stole a Business Class Seat on Turkish Airlines – And Got What She Wanted – A passenger on one of my Turkish Airlines business class flights this year stole a business class seat for herself. She ended up getting exactly what she wanted as well, even though she was escorted back to coach in the end. Some readers chimed in with some ideas of how they would have handled it…
- Hyatt News: No More Oasis Home Rentals and a New Double Points Promo for Las Vegas – Catch up on a little Hyatt news from last week.
- The Ultimate FAQ Guide About Google Project Fi – An Awesome Choice for International Travel! – If you have questions about the popular cell plan for travelers, Google Prokect Fi, check out this FAQ guide! If all your questions are not answered here, feel free to leave a comment in the post and I will do my best to get it (and the answer) included!
- Sale: Southwest Can Fly You AND Your Bags for Less Than Other Airlines Charge Just for Your Bags! – Even though this sale is expired, this little truth is good for just about any Southwest sale. You can actually buy plane tickets for you and 2 bags for less than what other US airlines charge you just for those two bags!
- The “New” American Express Gold Card Is Live with Increased Bonus Point Categories & Fee – The Amex Premier Rewards Gold card is no more, being replaced with the more simply named “Gold Card.” This is a definite nod toward millennials, especially with the limited-time Rose Gold color and the bonus categories of dining and supermarkets and dining credits. Still, there are some things to like about this card.
- Cool Use of Points for an Aviation Experience! Exclusive Boeing 777 Flight Simulator Experience + 2 Night Stay at Le Meridien Cairo – If you are an aviation geek, you need to check out this Moments package with your Marriott points!
- Review: Air Serbia A330 Economy Class From Belgrade to JFK – Review in a few words – nice leg room, not great food, entertainment, or meal frequency. If you want to see the expanded version, check out the review!
- Bigger Offer! Earn 50,000 Membership Reward Points on the New Amex Rose Gold/Gold Card! – Here is how you can actually get a better deal than the public offer on this new card!
- Great Move By Amex! Now You Can Refer Friends to Any Amex Card From One Card! – Amex made a great move last week to allow you to refer friends to any Amex card – using just the cards you already have to get points for yourself as well.
- One More Way United Credit Cards Can Help You Earn More Miles – The United credit cards are full of special little benefits to make sure United flyers hold on to it year after year. Here is one more way it can earn its keep.
- Impressions of the Apple Watch Series 4 From an Ardent Garmin Fan – Here are my first impressions from 10 solid days of use with the new Apple Watch Series 4. It is important going in to know that I am a huge Garmin fan, but there are some things that the new Apple Watch did that has made it stay on my wrist longer than any other non-Garmin watch before.
- Tech Deal: Apple AirPods On Sale Today for $123 [Refurbished] – When you are reading this, these may still be on sale so check them out!
Posting may be a bit sporadic over the next couple/few days as I need to tend to some other things. But, I will have posts up when I have time and I have quite a list of waiting posts!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.