Happy Tuesday! We are about to wrap up the summer travel months. Hopefully, you have some plans to squeeze out a little bit more of the warm weather before the cold weather starts!
In all honesty, though, I really love fall weather so I am looking forward to that!
Italicized links below are from the title
Miles, Points, and Travel
- What is European Business Class Like and Is It Worth It? – If you have ever seen the prices for European business class and wondered if it is worth it, this post will help you figure that out.
- Cow Cuddling – a New Add-On at a NY Bed and Breakfast – Chalk this one up as something that is not for me but it seems to be popular in some places!
- A Simple Tip to Know if Your Food Spoils While on Vacation – Nothing quite like coming home from vacation and finding out you lost electricity. Do you trash all the food or not? This post gives you a simple trick to help you.
- How the Apple Card is Going to Be Huge – Without a Sign-Up Bonus or Huge Rewards – As of today, the Apple Card is open to the US public. Even without a sign-up bonus or great rewards, it is going to be huge. But, there are better options.
- This Hilton Package Sold for a Record 2.9 Million Points – And That Wasn’t a Bad Deal – Yes, 2.9 million Hilton points! But, what the winner got with this auction was actually worth even more than that!
- A Refreshingly Positive E-Mail from an Airline CEO – In an age when airlines try to shirk some of their responsibilities and blame, this e-mail was a very welcome one to receive as a customer!
- Earn Up to 100,000 United Miles with New United Business Card Offer – If you can handle the spending, this new offer has a lot of value potential.
- Kayak Added a Google Flights-Like Feature – If you are a fan of Google Flights, you will like this feature! It is helpful since not all flights show up on Google Flights.
- Bringing Dad Home: The Southwest Pilot That Transported His Veteran Father’s Body Home 52 Years Later – Get the tissues ready – this is a really wonderful and emotional story.
- Google Flights Is Offering Price Guarantees on Select Flights – This feature is now available – but not on any of the flights I have been looking at.
- Update Your United App Now to Keep Using Onboard Entertainment – If you are flying United soon, make sure your app is updated to still get onboard entertainment!
- American Airlines New and Interesting Routes for 2020 with Schedules – AA announced some new routes and they include Tel Aviv! Here are the schedules.
- TSA Adds More Airlines for a Total of 72 TSA PreCheck Airlines – Right after this post, TSA added another so now we are up to 73.
- How 9K Points Can Give You a Very Nice Suite on Cash Stays – There can be some very nice suites available to you with just 9,000 Hyatt points per night!
- FAA Has Banned Some MacBook Pros From Flights Due to Faulty Batteries – If you have this particular MacBook Pro model, you will not be able to fly with it now, at least without a battery replacement.
- Report Says Apple Card Customer Acquisition Could Be $350 Per Card – This is a very high number since there is no sign-up bonus or affiliate payouts.
- Southwest Schedule Extended Into March of 2020 – To make it even better, today’s sale covers into March as well!
- The Apple Watch Series 5: Here are 4 Features That Could Really Make the Watch Better – We are less than 3 weeks away now from the reveal of the Apple Watch Series 5 – these 4 features are ones I am still waiting on!
- 3 Years of the Chase Sapphire Reserve – What Has Changed and Why It Is Still Great – The Chase Sapphire Reserve was amazing when it launched and on its 3rd birthday, it is still a pretty great card.
And I will close with this – either Marriott is too used to negative comments on Twitter or they are actually dismayed to hear that a customer had a great stay. 🙂
This must be Marriott’s default Twitter response – I wonder why? 😂 pic.twitter.com/pxfIY1vxsw
— Charlie (@runwithmiles) August 19, 2019