Happy Tuesday! We are almost one week into the month of August which means a few different things but the big one is that there is one month left for summer travel! Hopefully you are able to enjoy some of it! I know I am really looking forward to the fall months for the beauty and cooler weather!
Italicized posts below are from the title
Miles, Points and Deals
- Behind Blogging: The “Dark” Side of Affiliate Relationships – Here is a look at some of the things about affiliate relationships that you may not have known about, including how even the blogger is left in the dark sometimes.
- 2020 Summer Olympics Packages for Hotel and Event Tickets Now Available – These packages are not cheap and may be sold out but they have been replenishing a bit as well. If you want a package, this is how to do it.
- American Express Cuts a Perk That Never Was an Official Perk – American Express has made an official move on something that was never supposed to work in the first place – it doesn’t mean it hurts any less.
- Google Fi Sets a Limit on Data-Only SIM Cards – Google Fi has now limited how many data-only SIM cards you can get. Still, it is still an incredible program!
- One Mistake Many Travelers Make When Planning Their Trip – Before you start looking at your work calendar and the award calendar, there is one other calendar you may want to check out to know that you are not hitting any surprises.
- 2020 Summer Olympics: All Hilton Hotels in Tokyo Show as “Sold Out” – Not good news for any travelers that wanted to use points for the Olympics.
- American Express Takes Another Swipe at Manufactured Spending – Amex has been at the forefront of preventing customers from using manufactured spending to earn rewards and now they make another attempt at halting it – at least officially.
- The TSA Just Added a Missile Launcher to Its Confiscated Inventory – You would think people would know you cannot take things like a missile launcher onboard an airplane but some people learn something new everyday!
- Deal Alert: Buy Aegean Miles with a 50% Bonus – If you value Star Alliance premium cabins, this is really a nice deal for award flights! Check it out quickly as it ends in two days!
- Fly Top Business Class Seats in Asia for $390 Worth of Miles – If you want to travel on some amazing business class flights, here is how you can bounce around Asia in those seats for just $390 worth of miles!
- What is the Phonetic Alphabet and Why You May Need It for Airline Tickets – Next time you are trying to spell out your name for a foreign carrier on the phone, this list will come in handy!
- Did the Hertz Devaluation Eliminate 1 Million Free Days? Hertz had a surprise devaluation this year and it could be that they dumped 1 million free days off of their books.
- Hyatt Rolls Out New Mobile App – Earn 500 Point Bonus When Booking – The new Hyatt app will really let you do everything in app that you may have done on the website – plus you will earn 500 bonus points on each reservation you make through the app!
- The New American Airlines Web Special Awards Have Great Value! There is even a value on one flight I found of 12 cents per mile with these awards! That is extreme but there are still some great values to be had!
That is it for the last couple of weeks! Hope you have a great week this week!