Blog life has been a bit up and down over the past few weeks and I have not done a summary of posts because of it. So, I am pulling some of the revenant ones since the last one instead of listing them all.
New Traveler In the Family!
The reason things have been quieter is that my wife and I welcomed a new little child into our family – a little girl (our other girl is 11 years old so it has been a while since we had a baby girl!). She is doing great and has our whole family wrapped around her little, little finger. 🙂 Cannot wait to take a first trip with her which will likely be to get her passport before too long!
The italicized posts below are from the title.
Miles, Points, Travel, and Running
- 8 New Luxury Hotels You Can Book with Hyatt Certificates – Last month, Hyatt added new hotels from their partnership with Small Luxury Hotels and that includes these 8 hotels that are Category 4 or less.
- 49 New Luxury Hotels with Hyatt in 25 Countries – Here are the 49 hotels that were included from Small Luxury Hotels.
- What Are US Travel Advisory Levels and What Do They Mean? We often hear about US travel advisories so here is a look at the various levels and what they mean for your travels.
- How to Get a New GoPro HERO8 Black for $240 with Deal Stacking – The GoPro HERO8 Black is the latest action camera and this is a great price!
- A Helpful Google Maps Feature for Runners or Tourists – This will be a huge help if you want to see what kind of ascent/descent you will be facing!
- The New United Airlines Elite Qualifications Reward Your Money Spent, Not Miles Flown – United was the first one to jump all in on spending over flying and this post breaks it down.
- United Tries to Confuse Customers to Spin Their Negative Changes – You know the change is bad when an airline tries to show you how “bad” it used to be.
- Watch! He Did It – A Sub-2 Hour Marathon Has Been Run! Eliud Kipchoge did an amazing thing a few weeks ago when he ran a sub-2 hour 26.2 mile run. Watch the video!
- How Crazy Is This? Running 26.6 Miles Could Earn More Airline Miles Than Flying Across the Atlantic! Aegean was giving 4,200 miles to anyone who registered and completed the Athens Marathon – which is more miles than you would earn on most economy tickets across the Atlantic!
- 5 Things That Helped Eliud Kipchoge Run a Sub 2 Hour Marathon – Find out some of the things that helped him accomplish this and how that could help you.
- The “Most Successful Credit Card Launch” Did It Without a Sign-Up Bonus or Affiliates – While most credit cards depend on either affiliates to push the card or big sign-up bonuses, the Apple Card did it without all of that.
- Alaska Airlines Shows Us (Again) Why You Shouldn’t Buy Miles without a Plan – Even small devaluations can shake our trust in a program and Alaska has shown they do not mind making sudden changes just like that.
- Turkish Airlines Bringing Their New Airbus A350 to Los Angeles – This is a second flight to LA and it will have their new business class!
- New Requirement for the Southwest Companion Pass in 2020 – Find out what you can expect for earning the Companion Pass in 2020 and beyond.
- Is Moving the 2020 Summer Olympics Marathon Really Good for the Athletes? A lot of runners are not happy about this move – is it really best for them?
- What’s New with Bluffworks? Some of the new things include a referral program, new jacket, new items in their lineup and a whole woman’s lineup!
- BLADE Helicopter vs LIRR Train – Which Was the Fastest Way to Manhattan? You may think that is an easy answer but you have to figure it all the way through!
- How You Could Earn Top Tier United Status in 2020 for HALF the United Cost – The “secret” is to not fly United! This isn’t exactly what United was hoping for! 🙂
- Why the Apple Watch Series 3 is the Best Value GPS Smartwatch Around – Check it out to see for yourself!
- Apple AirPods Pro with Noise Cancellation – They are announced and here! I have a pair coming to test in a couple of weeks and will compare them to the Sony WF-1000XM3 so let’s see how that goes!
- This is What You Need to Use Apple AirPods with Airplane Entertainment Systems – This little piece of gear will get you going on the plane!
- Earn Membership Reward Points with a Shopping Portal – The Rakuten (former Ebates) portal will now let you switch to earn Membership Reward points for your shopping!
- An Intriguing Sweet Spot: Enjoy 24+ Hours in Business Class for 45,000 Miles! While not for everyone, this is definitely a nice way to enjoy a lot of luxury for not that many miles!
And that is it! Back to regular posting from now on!