I have not done a roundup post in a while because of my slowness in posting for the month of September – way too busy on the road. So, there will be some posts from up to a couple of weeks ago that I feel are still relevant now (no old deal posts!).
Posts may slow a bit over this month as well as we await the arrival of a new baby! An exciting time and, of course, there will be some things more important going on than blogging! 🙂
Italicized posts are from the title
Miles, Points, Travel & Tech
- New Turkish Airlines Business Class Review – This was a long-awaited business class upgrade and it did not disappoint! This huge upgrade for Turkish now matches their stellar onboard service and it makes a really compelling option for Turkish flights!
- Apple Watch Series 5 LTE Capability Still NOT for International Travel (with one exception) – The Apple Watch is by far the most popular smartwatch around and it is a shame that their LTE model still will not work internationally, unless you have an emergency.
- Head to Head: Apple Watch Series 5 vs Garmin Venu / Vivoactive 4 – The Garmin Venu is Garmin’s first AMOLED watch and it is a looker! Check out how it stacks up feature for feature agains the new Apple Watch Series 5.
- Google Fi Launched a New Unlimited Plan – If you are a user of Google Fi and find yourself always pushing the limit on data, check out the new Unlimited Plan.
- 3 New Things from the Apple Watch Series 5 Announcement – Yeah, that was almost a month ago but here are the 3 new things from the announcement – 1 of them is not that exciting and one is actually not about the Series 5.
- Southwest Mishandles Fewer Bags Than Airlines That Charge for Bags – Yes, the airline that does not charge for the first 2 bags makes sure more bags get to the passengers than those airlines that charge to carry the bags!
- New Rental Promo: Avis Free Rental Days – Renting a car with Avis? Get some free days while you are at it!
- A Funny Look at Two Business/First Class Meals on a 40 Minute Flight – Check out what Turkish Airlines does in short haul business vs what American Airlines does in true first class on a short flight!
- It’s Back! Get a 40% Bonus on Hyatt Points – Use this promo to make your own Points+Cash rates!
- Why a Man Was Charged with Stealing 42 Million Delta Points – Maybe the bigger crime was that Delta valued them at $1.75 million?! 🙂 Find out what this man (allegedly) did.
- A $100,000 North Pole Hotel Package? Here is a Better and Much Cheaper Alternative! – It is a ridiculous that a company is charging $100K for this one package but even more ridiculous that the company doesn’t even know what they are talking about with the North Pole! Find out a better travel package to get!
- 178 Year Old Thomas Cook Travel Collapses – Over 600,000 travelers were stranded but they should be all collected now.
- Here Is How Fast You Had to Run to Gain Entry for 2020 Boston Marathon – This was the first registration period with the faster times and you had to be even faster than that.
- New JetBlue Schedule Extension Reaches Into June – Book for May and June travel on JetBlue now!
- Transfer Membership Reward Points to Aeroplan with 20% Bonus – This is very targeted and you need to be ready to transfer!
- 3 Reasons You Should Travel to Europe Now – The Euro is ticking up a bit but still great reasons to visit Europe now!
- Huge LATAM Move By Delta Could Offer Some Interesting Options for Delta Flyers – This was a major move and it could be really great for Delta flyers wanting to visit new places.
- Marathon News – The World Championships were held in the desert of Doha – a stupid decision that could have been motived a bit by money. There is no any other reason why. Also, find out about a world record being missed by 2 seconds!
- New Increased American Express Delta Offers Available – You can earn up to 80,000 miles and elite miles with with these offers – and only these links, not affiliate links on other blogs!
- Delta and Amex Fail With Card Refresh – They are making major changes in the next few months and they failed to make any of these cards worthy of everyday use.
- Use New Hyatt Card Offer to Save Money on Hyatt Place or Hyatt House Stays – Get this offer to save money on upcoming stays.
- Deal Alert: Save $60 on New GoPro HERO8 Black – This camera just was announced and you can save $60 on it with this special offer!
- Review of Silver Airways – If you are not familiar with or have seen it as an option on Florida flights, this post will help you learn about this integral airline for Florida travel.
- Sony WF-1000XM3 Review – I said that this is noise cancelling performance in the palm of the hand and that is true! Find out about these new little earbuds that give you noise cancellation in your travels!
- Bluffworks Ascender Chinos Review – These are the ultimate travel pants and they designers thought of everything else! Find out about them here!
- How United’s Dynamic Award Pricing May Affect Partner Awards – Find out how this could really hurt travelers using United miles – in spite of United saying they won’t change partner awards themselves.
- I Have Flown To/From Every Turkish Airlines Destination in the US – Find out which routes and aircraft are my favorite as I just hit the last of 9 cities in the US that Turkish serves!
That is it and now I am caught up! Still a bunch of posts to write about my travels over the last month so still catching up on that part!