It has been a long time since I have done a weekly summary so here it is! Inside of this post will also be a posts from before this past week that are still relevant and hopefully of use to you!
The title posts are italicized below.
Miles, Points, Deals, and Running
- Big Offer of 60,000 JetBlue Points with Credit Card Offer – Since JetBlue is a revenue-based award program, this is a fairly straight forward offer in value. This equals over $900 in points as a sign-up bonus.
- Cool! The Turkish Airlines Super Bowl Ad Sent 3 Americans to Travel the World for the First Time – The ad from a few weeks ago was a great way to introduce Turkish Airlines to people and show where they fly and they did it with 3 people that never traveled out of the US. Read this post for a behind-the-scenes interview with one of them
- Earn a Minimum of 10,000 Alaska Miles Flying Partner Airlines – This is a great deal for anyone flying any of Alaska’s partners on deep discount tickets!
- No Joke: Passenger Causes Plane to Return Due to Faking Coronavirus – This was quite a while before the coronavirus became what it is today and this fool still thought it was something to joke about.
- SLH Properties That Are No Longer Bookable with Hyatt – If you thought you had missed some of these properties, here is the complete list of SLH properties that pulled out of the Hyatt relationship.
- Bad News: Global Entry Enrollment and Renewal Suspended for New York Residents – Not only are Global Entry holders and seekers not able to enroll or renew, even pending applicants have been removed from the system.
- A Marriott Card Offer of 3 Free Nights – And You Don’t Want It – Well, maybe 1 in every 12 of you may want it! But, the public offer is definitely better.
- Wow! British Airways 747 Sets New Speed Record Between NYC and London – It is amazing what a storm can do! In this case, it helped 3 planes cross the Atlantic at very high speeds!
- One of the Best Value Business Class Flights in Europe Is Ending – Inter-European business class really isn’t that great, with a couple of exceptions. There is one that is above all the others and that is one operated by LATAM, a South American carrier. And it is ended soon.
- What Are Hyatt Free Night Certificates And How Do You Get Them? – Hyatt free night certificates are a great way to get mid/expensive hotel rooms for “free” so find out how to get them and what they are!
- Major World of Hyatt Updates Are Here – Here is all the info about the new properties, award changes, and when the new peak calendars will kick in.
- 48 New Luxury Hotels Now Bookable with Hyatt – This is the latest wave of SLH properties and there are some new locations!
- The Complete List of Hyatt Properties That Are Changing – Here is the list of 217 hotels that are changing award categories in 2020 for Hyatt.
- The 2020 Tokyo Marathon is Cancelled Due to Coronavirus – Only the elites will run this World Marathon Major event as it was the likely one of many marathons that may face cancellations or changes.
- Aegean Airlines Welcomes New Aircraft, Livery, and Cabins – Aegean is an amazing airline and they are taking their young fleet up a notch with their latest aircraft and cabins.
- Awesome Video of a Jetpack Pilot taking a Major Step in Personal Flight – This is a cool video of a project taking a big leap over Dubai.
- Dates with Business Class Awards on the New Turkish Airlines Vancouver Route – Several of these dates may be gone. If you missed this post, check out the dates to see if they work for you!
- My Journey as an Asthmatic Marathoner, 25,000 Miles Down the Road – This is a personal post that shows some of my journey from never being able to run to running 25,000 miles – and the stories to go with it.
- 3 Things I Like and Dislike About Booking Awards with Aeroplan – Aeroplan can be a valuable program for many premium awards. Here are some of the things I both like and dislike about booking with them.
- Use Marriott Points for an Awesome Kruger Park Safari and Presidential Suite – Want to blow a ton of Marriott points on a great suite and experience? This is for you!
- One Runner’s Amazing Way of Getting a Run in During Quarantine – Check out what one Chinese marathoner did to avoid going stir crazy!