Ahead of schedule, the IRS has updated the tool that will let you track your stimulus payment to see when – and how – you will get it. Here is what you need to do.
Track Your $1,400 Stimulus Payment
The IRS had planned to get the Get My Payment tool back online for Monday, March 15, but, instead, it is live today! This tool will let you see if a deposit has been made and to which account it was made. It will also tell you if you will receive your stimulus payment by mail.
Link: Get My Payment Page
You’ll see one of these messages when you use Get My Payment:
- A payment has been processed, a payment date is available and payment is to be sent either by direct deposit or mail. Note: mail means you may be issued an EIP Card or a check.
- You’re eligible, but a payment has not been processed and a payment date is not yet available.
It will not show the amount of your 2021 Economic Impact Payment.
Payment Status Not Available: We haven’t yet processed your payment or you’re not eligible for a payment.
Need More Information: Your payment was returned to the IRS because the Postal Service was unable to deliver it. Only people who get this message can use the tool to give us bank account information.
Get help with this tool in Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions.
How Much Will You Get?
While most people that do not receive their money via direct deposit will get a check, some recipients may receive a debit card, as happened last time. Make sure you read this post to make sure you do not miss that!
The new $1,400 stimulus checks started going out on Friday with many people already seeing them in their accounts. For many more, they should appear tomorrow or anytime up until March 17. Much of this will depend on your financial institution as they may hold the money back for a couple of days before making the mass deposits.
But, at least the Get My Payment Tool is live so you can see for yourself what is going on!
The popular Chase Sapphire Preferred card is having a special bonus offer – 80,000 points and a $50 statement credit for groceries! This makes this offer worth at least $1,000 in travel, groceries, dining, or home improvement!
- Earn 80,000 points after spending $4,000 in three months
- Get a free $50 statement credit for grocery purchases!
- Transfer the points to popular airlines and hotels for maximum value!
- Use the points with Pay Yourself Back feature to pay for groceries, home improvement, and dining purchases
- Earn 2x points on all travel and dining!
- Annual fee of $95
- Application Link (this is an affiliate link that supports the site)