If you want United Airline miles, this is a nice way to rack up to 100,000 miles – but you will need to do some big spending to get to that full 100,000 miles.
Earn Up to 100,000 United Miles with New United Business Card Offer
Here are the details about the new United Business card offer:
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Plus, an additional 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $25,000 total in purchases in the first 6 months your account is open
- Earn 2 miles per dollar on United purchases
- Earn 2 miles per dollar at gas stations, office supply stores and restaurants
- Earn 1 mile per dollar on all other purchases
- 2 United Club passes each anniversary year
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee (not waived)
Analysis – Is This a Good Deal?
Earning 100,000 miles is a nice amount but there are some things to consider. One of those is that United is removing their award charts in November to go more revenue based. That means you would likely want to earn all of these miles before November!
The second part is that you need to spend $25,000 in 6 months to get the full 100,000 miles (actually, you would earn 125,000 miles with the spending). That is a lot of spending to put on an airline credit card – for sure. The reality is that this is a business card, however, so there are many businesses that may be able to put that kind of spending on quickly without it stretching your ability to do that.
Is this a deal to apply for? If you wanted the Chase United business card, this is a good deal. That is because you will get 50,000 miles with just $5,000 in spending in the first 3 months. You don’t have to do the extra $20,000 if you don’t want to.