This is it – the start of the last quarter of the year. With mega shopping events coming up in the run-up to the holidays, we are going to start seeing many offers for shopping portals to try and pull our business through them before we hit the retailer. Unfortunately, these bonus offers will not always coincide with the biggest deals of the years at some of these retailers. But, at least we get some bonus miles!
Earn Bonus Miles with New United Shopping Portal Offer
Here are the details of this new, fall United shopping portal offer:
- This bonus runs from 10/01/18 through 10/15/18 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”)
- Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,500 MileagePlus® bonus award miles on qualifying purchases made through the MileagePlus® Shopping mall or from purchases made through MileagePlus® Shopping in-store offers.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period:
- Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150
- Tier 2 bonus: 1,500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $350 or more
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
So, to maximize this bonus offer, you need to spend $350 across any of the stores through the United shopping portal. If you do that, you will receive a bonus of 1,500 United miles. That means you are getting an extra bonus of 4.28 United miles per dollar on top of whatever the store pays out (if you spend exactly $350).
This bonus runs through October 15 so I would not rush to try and hit it. If you have spending you were going to do anyway, definitely go ahead and do it through the United shopping portal. But, I would wait a bit. The month just started so we may not see some bigger retail bonus payouts for a couple/few days. If you wait, you can get the bigger bonus payout and this bonus to really maximize your purchase.
Apple Fan? Wait a Few Days…
If you are an Apple product fan, you may want to hold off also. There should be an event later this month that will announce new iPads, a new Mac Mini, and a MacBook replacement for the MacBook Air. Normally, when Apple is going to run an event, they will have an increased portal offer beforehand to help drive some inventory out before the new products come. If you were to wait, you could get something like 6 miles per dollar plus this bonus on your spending.