Monday Tuesday! For runners, yesterday was a fantastic day as it was the Boston Marathon. For anyone that had Amex referrals, it was the day known as Tax Day in the US and this was the year we had to pay taxes on those referrals. 🙁
Posts in the title are italicized below.
Miles, Points, and Running
- Did Zurich Airport Finally Stop Allowing Knives to Be Sold Past Security? – Apparently, according to one reader, they didn’t but they didn’t have any on display the last time I went through. Not sure how they are still able to do that before US flights, but I guess they must have some arrangement!
- Walkthrough of the Brand New Turkish Airlines Lounge – Thanks to confusion of the reps on site that day, it apparently wasn’t the business lounge but was instead the Miles & Smiles lounge that *A elite flyers and business class passengers have access to. Still very cool and someplace I will be spending a lot of time in over the years!
- The Airline That Served My Favorite Series of Meals in Business Class – Even in business class, food can be hit or miss at times. But, on this trip, SWISS hit it on both flights and every course!
- What is Chase Going to Do About These Two United Credit Card Perks? – Chase is about to lose a couple of advertised benefits on two United cards and they haven’t announced what they plan on doing to replace them – yet. This post had a lot of attention from Chase so maybe they are planning to say something?
- The History of Boston Marathon Qualifying Times – When Was it Hardest to Qualify? – Even though qualifying times for the 2020 Boston Marathon are going to be harder than for 2019, they aren’t the hardest for Boston overall!
- How to Avoid Paying High Fuel Surcharges with Aeroplan – It can cost over $1,000 to fly Lufthansa business class roundtrip from the US with Aeroplan miles. Fortunately, if you go the other way – or use other carriers – you can see that number drop significantly!
- Court Reverses Ryanair’s Fine of Millions of Euros for Carryon Policy – Don’t expect to find Ryanair changing their carryon policy anytime soon now that they have a court backing to charge what they do!
- This Chart Shows Cost of 5-Star Hotels in 100 Top Destinations Around the World – There are some cheap 5-star hotels out there – you just need to pick the right cities!
- The Worst Part About an American Airlines Award Devaluation – There is a lot of talk about AA joining the dynamic award parade but there is one part about this devaluation that would make it worse than Delta and United’s devaluations.
- Lowest Price Ever: GoPro Fusion 360 Camera for $399 – This is still at this price so if you ever wanted a quality 360 camera, this is a pretty good price point!
And that is it for last week! If you are a runner aspiring for the Boston Marathon, make sure you check back as there will be a couple more of those posts this week!