Hope you had a pleasant weekend to cap off a nice week! I had a somewhat unfortunate running hangup this past Saturday. I had my first flare up of plantar fasciitis. Serious bummer! My training had been going well and now this! 🙁
Based on things going on, I am pretty sure it was actually the shoes I had been using for walking. I walk around 30 miles a week and apparently they were not what they should have been! Oh well, time for some cross training! I did a serious bike workout this morning and actually enjoyed it! Anyone else have PF before? Throw how you dealt with it in the comments!
Miles, Points, and Travel
- The Single Best Credit Card Offer for a “Free” Family Vacation – With Examples and Destinations – There are a lot of credit card offers out there but I definitely think that this is the single best credit card offer around for a “free” family vacation!
- Hyatt Makes a Smart Move with Their Free Breakfast at Hyatt Place Properties – Hyatt is working to filter as many bookings through their own site as possible. They are also trying to get guests to sign-up for their loyalty program. The latest attempt for both of those things is their move with the Hyatt Place breakfast policy.
- 4 Things the New Apple WatchOS 5 Could Use to Beat Garmin – Well, Apple’s WWDC keynote has come and gone and they did not use any of these in the new WatchOS! Hopefully they will still add them at some point!
- Last Day: Highest TopCashBack Offer of $25 Back for New Customers [Expired] – Hope you were able to sign-up for this! I rolled my affiliate payout into this offer to make sure you got the maximum offer available! Maybe we will see another one of these sometime 😉
- The Famous Southwest Sale of $49 | $79 | $99 | $129 Is Here! [Expired] – This was a good sale! Hopefully you were able to lock in some travel! The next big sale will be here in October.
- Why Is Chase Getting Picky with Benefits Like This? – Chase is making picky moves with some of their benefits. Why are they doing this?
- The Stockholm Marathon Organizers Did the Right Thing Last Week – The Stockholm Marathon was run during a very hot day – for Sweden or anywhere! The organizers did a fantastic job with how they handled it leading up to and during the marathon.
- Today Only! Save 20% on eBay Sitewide – Up to $100 Discount! [Expired] – Just a note about this sale. This was as good as one other sale like this from eBay. Hopefully we will see another one next month!
- Great Amex Offer: 25% Back on FedEx Shipping – Up to $1,000 In Credit! [Targeted] – If you have this offer, you should take advantage of it for your shipping needs!
- Act Fast! Get Big Discounts for Marathons and Races Around the World! [Expired] – Global Running Day was last Wednesday and this was a great sale to honor that! I am listing it here because it is still a nice list of races for you to check out.
- Credit Card Review: US Bank FlexPerk Visa, Plus a Give-A-Way – Dustin did a nice review of the US Bank FlexPerk Visa. In addition, he is doing a giveaway over on his YouTube channel! Check out the details!
- SPG, Please Do Better With Your Running Packages! – SPG has had some nice packages for runners in the past but they really need to do better – and they can do better!
- Book Your Flights Now for These 7 Great Marathons To Save! [Expired] – The marathons are not expired but the sale I was writing about in this post is. However, there are still 7 great marathons you should check out. 🙂
- Bad News: Amex Adds New Restrictive Language for Sign-Up Bonus Offers – Amex continues to make moves against churners, gamers, and anyone else they feel is trying to get too much value out of their card offers (apparently).
- The Passenger Fined $500 For Bringing In an Apple Has Her Global Entry Status Back and No More Fine! – While there is laws about what you can bring in to the US, this fine had been a little too much given the circumstances. I am glad it was resolved this way – though I am sure the passenger will be watching what she has in her bag in the future!
- Stack These Offers to Get $50 Off National Car Rentals [Minimum Rental Terms] – If you have a car rental need coming up soon, check out these offers!
- PSA: Marriott Rewards Site Down and Long Hold Times [Expired] – What is expired is the Marriott Rewards site being down. Thankfully, they got it back up and running – after about 5 hours of being down. This actually worked out pretty well for me as a package that would have likely been taken before I even saw it was kept around as a result of the site being down. And I got it!
- According to the Rep: “There Is No Such Thing as Marriott Moments” – Come on, Marriott! Train your reps about some of the best values in your program! 🙂
- Review: Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport – The VIP Suite with a Runway View – If you ever saw this hotel while walking through the Orlando International Airport, check out what this hotel has to offer!
- The Top 10 Airlines and Airports, According to AirHelp – No US Airline Made the Cut – Yet another top 10 airline list – and there are some obvious ones missing which cause some doubt to be given to the validity of the list.
And that is it for last week! I hope you have a great, safe week this week!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.