Well, this is a nice surprise! This is the time each year when Southwest normally rolls out their big Southwest sale with fares at the $49, $79, $99, and $129 price points. However, they seemed to have it last week and I was a little disappointed with some of the normal fares I check for such sales.
The Famous Southwest Sale of $49 | $79 | $99 | $129 Is Here
Link: Southwest Sale
It turns out that it wasn’t the big sale! That sale is going on now and runs all the way into December! That means there are some great deals to be had and the price you will pay for the ticket will depend on the distance and stops along the way.
Generally speaking, the cheapest fares are for non-stop tickets. At that point, it is by distance. So, there will be many Southwest tickets that are short-haul that can be had for $49.
Southwest Sale Details:
- Book from June 5 through June 7, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 5 through December 6, 2018.
- International travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018.
- Blacked out dates August 31, September 3, November 16-27, 2018.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
- International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
With point prices starting from only 1,300+ for the cheapest city pair, you can get a great value in your points. The cheapest tickets can give you a point value of over cents per point – very good for Southwest! So, while you check out the cash prices, don’t forget to look at point costs as well.
By booking the cheapest tickets, you can get some insane value out the best Southwest card offers! See how you could get over $1,300 in value from a single Southwest card offer!
Don’t forget to check your current reservations, thanks to the friendly Southwest cancellation and change policy!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
Also, do not take the blackout dates as being firm either! So, make sure you poke around and see what the true prices are for your desired travel.