Happy Labor Day (to the US readers)! I hope you had a great weekend to cap the summer. Now, we enter September, the final quarter of 2018. The cooler weather cannot come soon enough for me, that’s for sure!
Miles, Points, and Travel
- DJI Released TWO New Travel-Friendly Drones, Each With Unique Features – If you want to capture a photo or video of your travels from a very different perspective, these two new DJI drones can do a fantastic job of that! Find out what is different between these latest two travel-friendly drones.
- Chase Adds 48 Month Restriction for Sapphire Bonuses & A Way to Get It Under the “Old” 24 Months Language – Chase is really putting the screws to people that are not even churners. They are now limiting people to getting a new bonus on even a different card if you got a card in that family within the last 48 months! Not good but you can still get the offers under the 24 month language through all referral and affiliate links.
- JetBlue’s New Increased Baggage Fees May Be Small – But Will Make Them Millions – JetBlue set things off this past week for the airlines by increasing their baggage fees. The increase might be small but it will still earn JetBlue millions of dollars.
- Last Shot: Use Points to Play Basketball with NBA Star + 2 Free Hotel Nights [Expired] – Yes, this auction is expired but I wanted to bring it up again as an example of the phenomanal value you can get from these auctions. This auction went for 282,000 – almost 500,000 fewer points than the SPG version had gone for!
- Hyatt Fall Promo: Earn Up to 60,000 Hyatt Points This Fall – This fall promo isn’t as good as other promos in the past but you can still earn up to 60,000 Hyatt points if you are able to swing this many nights. Even if you cannot, you can still earn some bonus points along the way.
- New Hilton Fall Promo: Earn Up to 30 Points Per Dollar Plus More with Elite Status and Cards – And here is the Hilton fall promo. This one gives you up to 30 points with the potential for ever 50 points per dollar with stays as an elite member at luxury hotels. You can still earn at least 20 points per dollar with all other stays.
- Safe Travels And Take Care – Dustin has been a contributor at Running with Miles for over 2 years and has written some excellent articles. This week, he wrote his final, regular piece. There is some exciting news in his life and one part of that includes his quickly-growing YouTube channel about credit cards and rewards. Make sure you subscribe to get some great, impartial advice about such topics.
- Get a Good Deal on Samsonite Luggage with This Coupon Code – This deal expires tonight so if you want to get a really nice deal on Samsonite luggage, check it out now!
- Last Chance: Buy Aegean Miles With Up to a 40% Bonus – Great for Star Alliance Business/First Class Awards! [Expired] – Yes, this has expired as well but as this is the second time this bonus has come around, I want to make sure you are aware of this deal for when it comes back again next time.
- 3 Reasons the DJI Mavic Air May STILL Be the Ultimate Travel Drone – Two new DJI drones
droppedwere announced this past week but here are some reasons you will still want to take a look at the DJI Mavic Air for the ultimate travel drone.
- The Southwest Schedule Extended Into April, 2019 – Plus New Non-Stop Routes Announced – The Southwest schedule has been pushed out another month and they have brought some new non-stop routes on as well that can get you to some nice, warm destinations at the end of winter.
- Is Ethiopian Airlines’ Group Reservations Really THIS Bad? – Ethiopian Airlines became the worst airline I have ever dealt with for group travel. I still cannot believe how poorly and unprofessionally they have been. Know this – avoid trying to book group travel with Ethiopian Airlines!
- United Airlines Hikes Baggage Fees – Pushes Travelers Toward Southwest Even More – United Airlines was the first one of the Big 3 airlines to follow after JetBlue with fee hikes. At the end of this copying, Southwest will be the true winner.
- Why Qatar May Become an Island – It is not common to have countries be cut off from other landmasses but this may happen soon to Qatar. I know that many of us have flown with Qatar Airways and if you have future plans for that, you may just be visiting the island of Qatar, instead of a peninsula.
- Google Paid Millions of Dollars to Know How You Used Your Mastercard – In Real Stores – Google really wants to know where you shop – so they can give you even more targeted ads. And, according to this report, they paid a lot of money to get that info!
And that is it! I hope you have a great week! If you have qualified for the Boston Marathon, you must be getting pretty excited as the opening date for the registration period is getting closer each day!