Register for this new Hilton fall promo that will double or triple your point earning to take it up to 30 points per dollar, all depending on the types of properties you plan to stay at. Plus, it gets even better if you happen to hold an Amex Hilton card that gives meaningful elite status (sorry, Hilton Silver status) – your earning potential could rise up to 54 Hilton points per dollar!
New Hilton Fall Promo: Earn Up to 30 Points Per Dollar
Link: New Hilton Fall Promo
In a move to switch up the promo a bit from the usual, this Hilton fall promo will award 2X points (which is 20 points since the base earning is 10) on all Hilton hotel stays with a bump up to 3X points (so, 30 points) on all stays at Hilton luxury brands. The luxury brands include such hotels as Waldorf and Conrad properties but you can check out the full list of over 200 properties right here, with a map included to help you in planning your stay.
Here are the details of this new Hilton fall promo:
- Valid for stays from September 10, 2018 – January 3, 2019
- Valid at all Hilton properties (with the exception of Hampton properties in mainland China)
- Only valid for the nights that fall inside the promotional period
- Earn 2X points at all Hilton hotels
- Earn 3X points at all Hilton luxury hotels (see the list here)
Stacking Up the Points
Ok, here comes the fun part! All dollars spent at Hilton properties earn 10 base points each. If you have elite status, you get a bonus on top of that. If you pay with a Hilton credit card, you earn points based on that spend.
Before those bonus points come into play, you will also get this promo to kick in for you. So, let’s say you are staying at the Conrad Chicago (a luxury property). If you were to spend $500 there (for however many nights that gets you), here is what you would earn (if you are an Amex Hilton Aspire cardholder – which also gives Diamond status):
- 5,000 base points (the 10X)
- 10,000 promo points (the 3X)
- 5,000 bonus points from Diamond status (10X)
- 7,000 bonus points for paying with the Hilton Aspire card (the 14X on spend)
- Total: 27,000 Hilton points on a $500 hotel stay
With hotel points worth about .5 cent per point, that is like getting a return of $135 on your $500 hotel stay. That is not that bad at all!
Now, let’s assume you have the Hilton Ascend card (with the $95 annual fee). If you have any hotel stays with Hilton, you probably should have that card as it gives you Hilton Gold status (free breakfast!). Let’s go the other way with this example and say you are not staying at a luxury property (so just the 2X). Here is what you would earn on a stay of $250:
- 2,500 base points (the 10X)
- 2,500 promo points (the 2X)
- 2,000 bonus points from Gold status (the 8X)
- 3,000 bonus points for paying with the Hilton Ascend card (the 12X on spend)
- Total: 10,000 Hilton points on a $250 hotel stay
Again, your Hilton points are worth about .5 cent per point so your return would be $50 on a $250 hotel stay. Again, not bad!
Making It Even Better!
Before you start spending, make sure you check your American Express account for targeted Amex Offers. There are some great ones that will either award you with cash back on your stays or with mega Membership Reward points!
While Hilton points do not have the same value as Hyatt points, they can still be very useful. With a hotel promo like this, you can rack up quite a few points that can be used for free stays down the road. As with all hotel promos – sign up! It only takes a minute (once they get the site working again!) and it is free so you are ready should you stay in the next few months!
Featured image courtesy of the Waldorf Astoria Chicago