Happy Tuesday! For some reason, I guess I keep making this the day of the weekly summary. Mondays tend to get more crowded so this keeps getting bumped until Tuesdays, oh well!
This past week, I had two nice bookings – one was a Boston-area marathon this September (pretty excited about that!) and the other is the new Turkish Airlines business class!
Not only will that be a great trip and review but it will also be from the last US city that Turkish flies to that I have not flown with them yet. In smaller words, I have flown to all the other US cities that Turkish flies to so this flight will be the last city and I will have flown them all.
As usual, the italicized posts below are the ones referenced in the title.
Miles, Points, and Travel
- Hotel Deal: Buy Hyatt Points as Cheap as 1.67 Cents Each – Hyatt points will be on sale from Daily Getaways soon but they will be next to impossible to buy so this is the next best deal.
- Interesting: A New, Single Credit Card that Rewards the Sales Tax Back – Thanks to it not being in a payment network, the megastore B&H is able to leverage their new store card in a way that lets them give you back the sales tax as an instant reward. Cool move!
- Travelers Spent $28.1 Billion on Checked Baggage in 2018 – Airlines are winning big with baggage – they are charging the customers, they aren’t paying the tax on it that is present with airfare, and they are making money on credit cards as people try to avoid baggage fees! Find out the big winners.
- A New, Targeted Transfer Bonus from Amex to Aeroplan – But Be Careful – This is one of those disappearing offers so make sure you exercise care with this one!
- Two Annoying Things at Airports That Could Be Easily Fixed – There are a lot of delays we encounter at airports that we just have to deal with. These two things could easily be fixed yet they continue to be annoyances.
- Travel Tech: The New Google Pixel 3a Phone – This is the same great camera of the Pixel 3 series but at a much cheaper price!
- Still Alive – 15,000 Wyndham Points for $175 –This is definitely not the same great deal it used to be and maybe that is why it is still around.
- New! Now Fly a Helicopter Between all NYC Airports and Manhattan for Just $195 – This fast, 5-minute flight is no longer restricted for JFK travelers as now all NYC area airports have this deal!
- 43 Luxury Hotels Just Joined the Hyatt Program – Hyatt is continuing to make great strides around the world with new hotels and these new 43 properties include some in New Zealand and Australia.
- New! 7 New, Luxury Hotels Now Bookable with Hyatt Anniversary Certificates – Several of these new luxury hotels are now bookable with the free night certificates so find out where they are!
- Awesome New Nike App Coming to Help You Get the Best Shoe Fit – This new app coming soon will let you size your feet perfectly for Nike shoes – all at home!
- Garmin Forerunner 45 vs Apple Watch Series 3: The Battle of the $199 Running Smartwatches – There has never been a better time to have a GPS watch for running! Find out how these sub-$200 watches compare!
I normally don’t list these but there were a good number of them this past week so I want to let you know what you may have missed and what to look for in the future.
- Kindle Paperwhite for $40 Off Plus up to 28% Back
- First Sale on the New Kindle with Built-In Light and 3 Months of Kindle Unlimited
- Earn 15% or 20% Cash Back with Ebates Deal
- Up to $100 Off 9.7″ iPads
- Great Stacking Deals for Oakley Sunglasses
- Awesome Deals on 10.5″ iPad Pros with Cellular Capability
- 50% Off Alamo Certificates (there will be more car rental deals for Daily Giveaways in the coming days and weeks)
And that is it for this past week! I hope you enjoy this coming week!
Featured image is the Greenway Hotel and Spa in Gloucestershire, UK