The other day, I wrote about how United Airlines was running a special mileage sale where you could redeem 60,000 United miles for roundtrip travel from the US/Canada to Sydney, Australia. At the time, it was only open for United credit cardholders and United elite members. Good news – it is now open for all to book!
Now Open For All: 60,000 United Miles For Travel To Sydney
Here are the details of this sale that spans almost 5 months of travel to Sydney, Australia:
Book: January 4 – January 28, 2016
- Travel: February 2, 2016 – June 22, 2016
- Pay 60,000 miles for travel on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Pay 64,000 miles for travel on Fridays or Saturdays
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Sydney, Australia.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- The discounted Saver Awards are available to all MileagePlus members.
- Sale page is here