United has put out another great award sale (available right now only for United cardholders or United elite members) and this one will let you fly to Australia for 60,000 miles roundtrip!
Fly To Australia For 60,000 Miles RoundtripAt this time, this offer is only available to United credit cardholders (personal or business) and United elite members but it should open up within the next few days to all customers (that is what happens with these United sales). So, if you are not seeing availability, make sure you are logged in or wait a few days.
Here are the details of this sale that spans almost 5 months of travel to the land down under:
- Book: January 4 – January 28, 2016
- Travel: February 2, 2016 – June 22, 2016
- Pay 60,000 miles for travel on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Pay 64,000 miles for travel on Fridays or Saturdays
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Sydney, Australia.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- The discounted Saver Awards are available to all MileagePlus members.
- Sale page is here
Note: That last item says that these awards are available to MileagePlus members even though the top of the page specifies that it is early access for credit card members and elite members. Since this is in their terms, if you are not a cardholder or elite and you do not want to wait, I would try giving United a call and point that part out to them. They may let you book early.
If you want to jump in on this sale now and do not want to wait for it to open to all customers, consider transferring Ultimate Reward points to a family member (provided they are a cardholder on your Sapphire Preferred or Ink accounts) and have them deposited in their United account – if they are a Chase United cardholder or elite member.
This is a really great deal! If you have travel in mind and you were thinking of where to go with your miles, Australia just became as cheap as Europe with United miles! I love Australia and really want to be able to take my family there sometime to explore. It is a beautiful place and one I highly recommend you visit. Now it is cheaper than ever for only 60,000 miles.
Yes, that is a long time in economy but I have done it several times and would definitely do it again to save this many miles over business class!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.