Happy Monday! I see the temperature is climbing in some parts of the US but still cold in others. Please stay warm and safe! I am sure many of you are already thinking of warmer destinations to escape to. We will have to see what we can find this week. 🙂
Miles, Points, and Deals
- Emirates’ App Lets You Make an Entertainment Playlist Before You Board – Emirates is stepping up their app game and part of that is making it that you can browse their incredible entertainment library and create your own playlist for your flight – even before you board.
- Southwest Had a Goal of February 1 for Hawaii Flights, But… – The shutdown impacted many people and it also impacted the ability of Southwest to finish the certifications they needed from the FAA to get their Hawaii flights taking off by now. However, they were able to pay an FAA inspector to certify some other aircraft, and I hear that other airlines weren’t too happy about that.
- Chase Starting to Show Eligibility Pop-Ups for Card Applications and Why This Could Be Good News – American Express instituted a pop-up last year that would let potential applicants know if they would be able to get the card bonus or not. Chase seems to be doing this for at least one card now and may expand it to others. But, the good news in this has to do more with the basis of Chase asking this question.
- Your Flight Reservation Number Can Unlock a Lot of Information for the Wrong People – Be careful about snapping a photo of your boarding pass or throwing away a baggage tag! Some of those numbers and letters can let the wrong person create havoc on your travel itinerary.
- A Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, and a Whole Bunch More Coming to the West Coast – Hyatt is expanding their presence on the West Coast in a serious way over the next couple of years. While the list is heavy with Hyatt Place and Hyatt House properties, that is not necessarily bad news!
- The Latest 56 Luxury Hotels Bookable With Hyatt Points and Their Award Categories – Speaking of a Hyatt expansion, they are making good on their word to roll out more of the partnership with Small Luxury Hotels in the portfolio and that means there are now 56 new hotels around the world you can book with Hyatt points. This post also shows you which award categories each of them falls into.
- New! 14 New Luxury Hotels You Can Book with Hyatt Free Night Certificates – And this little bit makes that even better! If you have those free night certificates for Hyatt Category 1 – 4, you just got 14 new luxury properties that you can use them at!
- Square Space Amex Offer – If you have an interest in starting a website, this Amex Offer can give you $15 back with Square Space.
- My Experience at a Small Luxury Hotel as a Hyatt Member – It has been two months now that Small Luxury Hotel properties have been bookable with Hyatt and I wanted to test out how the integration has gone. This is my experience at one such property as a Hyatt member – and remember that even “basic” Hyatt members get some serious benefits at these hotels!
- Entertainment in the Sky – This isn’t Emirates but both United and American released some news bits about some new entertainment options in the sky that you can access for free in the air.
- 3 New Amex Offers for Hotels – This list even includes Hilton Hotels in Mexico so check out the list of the offers to see if they will work for you!
- Amex Sending Out 1099s for Referrals – Well, this was a bit of a bummer! I mean, they can do this but the valuation on things like Hilton points is really unfortunate. Hopefully, they will reassess that and give us least closer to market rate.
And, that is it for last week! Hope you have a wonderful week this week and enjoy the 2nd month of 2019! Yes, it is really going by that fast!