This week’s summary is a shorter one as I was very busy for the last half of last week and did not get as much content up as I wanted. This includes not getting to post about the horrible United award changes which I will still write something about this week. Let me just say that I am loving my flexible points and my Aegean miles even more than before!
Miles, Points, and Travel
Last week, I had a quick trip between US and Europe and got to land in the brand new Istanbul Airport just two hours after the airport opened and took over for Ataturk. This gave me an opportunity to check out the brand new airport and lounge and it was a nice experience right after opening!
I also had a flight with an airline that served up the best business class meals I have had on an airline! I was quite surprised and will have a post on that this week as well!
- Great Amex Offer for Qantas – If you have this Amex Offer and want to fly to Australia from the US, it is definitely an offer to save!
- Earn Bonus Membership Reward Points at Best Buy and Macys – If you shop at either store, make sure you save the offers to your Amex cards and use those for bonus points! This came just one week after I spent thousands at Best Buy so that was a bit of a shame for me. 🙂
- The Toughest Race in the World Ended Without a Single Finisher – This incredible race, over 100 miles, has had fewer finishers than the number of years it has been run. You need to read about this race as it is just amazing!
- Still Alive: Avis One-Way Airport Rentals from Just $9.99 w/ Gas – This deal came up a long time ago and I had forgotten about it until recently! Since I had forgotten about it, I thought maybe others had as well so wanted to remind you about this really great deal!
- Amex Could Make Their Cards More Valuable By Removing These 2 Letters – American Express has been gaining ground in many areas but there is still one thing they could do that would really make their cards more valuable for international travelers.
- First Impressions: I Just Arrived at the New Istanbul Airport – This is my first impressions post of this new mega airport. Spoiler – it is huge! It is also quite beautiful and bright and looks like a mega airport merged with something like the Dubai Mall. It should be much less crowded than the old airport – at least for a while!
- Review: Brand New Turkish Airlines Business Lounge at the Istanbul New Airport – Here is my review of this newly opened lounge that replaces the old favorite at Ataturk. It is definitely larger, brighter, and it has things much more centrally located in the lounge!
- Deal Alert: Last Chance to Buy the Google Pixel 2 XL New – This phone is a great one for Google Fi and for international travel and it can be had right now for a steal of $399. But, you won’t be able to buy it new for much longer so definitely check it out!
That’s it for this past week – short and sweet! Hope you all had a great entrance to April!