Good morning and welcome to a new week! 2017 is off pretty quick already and there have already been some great deals. If you follow me on Twitter, you would have seen about a deal last night that was a little reminiscent of the incredible Expedia.ca promo from a few years ago. Nice job to Dan’s Deals for getting the word out about the deal.
These are relevant posts from the last couple of weeks as last weekend was a bit busy for me.
- New Amex Offers for the New Year – There are some new Amex Offers out for the new year but nothing exceptionally exciting – yet. We should see more great ones after January is over.
- A Better Way to Use Points to Stay at Disney World Properties? – Thanks to Dustin for putting together a good post on this subject. I know Disney is high on people’s list of destinations but it is also an expensive proposition. Anyway to save money on such a trip is a good move!
- The Huge Chase Sapphire Reserve Bonus is Getting Cut Soon – Yes, the online cut has happened but it is still available in-branch. You certainly would not want to apply for this card online anymore!
- Good News! You Can Still Transfer Hotel Points to Southwest Until March! – Southwest shook a lot of things up for many people when they disallowed hotel point transfers from counting towards the Companion Pass. Fortunately, they reversed course a bit and you have until the end of March now.
- A Different Way to Earn Points Towards the Southwest Companion Pass – Without Spending or New Cards – If you already have the Southwest credit cards, you may face a long road to getting the Companion Pass. Fortunately, there is a way to get closer to that goal without any new cards or spending!
- A “Secret” Benefit of Google Fi for International Travel – If you have Google Fi, there is a nice part about how the network works that can keep you closer to home when you travel than you may have thought!
- New Amex Offer – Great for Electronics, Cameras, and More! – This Amex Offer is for one of the large camera/electronic/computer stores in the US and will effectively save you 10% on all your purchases, which works out great since they do not charge sales tax outside of NY and NJ.
- Check Your Alaska Account! 10K Bonus Miles Appearing For Many! – It turns out that most people will be getting these 10,000 bonus miles so if you have a Virgin America account and Alaska account, check your Alaska account!
- Earn Double Southwest Miles-Targeted? – If you fly paid travel on Southwest, check to see if you are targeted for this offer as it may be beneficial for you!
- Check Your Amex Account – The Great Sam’s Club Offer Has Expanded! – This is certainly one of the best offers going around and it has expanded to more customers so check your account!
- Great Deal: Southwest Business Card 60,000 Point Offer! – Want a nice new Southwest bonus? Here is the business card offer with 60,000 points!
- Getting a US Passport in 2 Hours! – If you find yourself in a situation where you need to get a passport quickly, it is possible to get it in mere hours!
- How to Get the Southwest Companion Pass for 2017 and 2018 – Without Flying! – Here are some ways you can get the points you need for the Southwest Companion Pass for 2017 and 2018 – without even flying!
- The Cheapest Category 7 Hyatt in the World! – A Hyatt Category 7 costs 30,000 points per night. Here is a Category 7 that costs less than the cash portion of a Points+Cash reservation at the hotel!
- Deciding to Keep, Downgrade, or Cancel a Credit Card – Decisions, decisions! Here are some thoughts on keeping, downgrading, or outright cancelling a credit card.
- Is a Big Southwest Devaluation Coming in the Spring? – Yes, it is good news that Southwest is allowing hotel points to count again for the Companion Pass, at least until March 31, but I think it could spell a rough devaluation soon as well. Here are some things to think about before transferring your hotel points over.
- New Amex Offer for Hilton Gift Cards & One More Offer – Two more Amex Offers, one for Hilton gift cards and some thoughts on how you can score a better deal.
- Where to Still Find the 100K Point Chase Sapphire Reserve Offer – The online offer for the Chase Sapphire Reserve has dropped to 50,000 points. Here is where you can still find the 100,000 point offer.
- What It’s Like to Run 157 Miles on 6 Continents in 5 Days – Yes, it might sound like you can imagine what it is like but here are some thoughts from someone who has done it!
- Schedule Changes with Turkish Airlines – Two Positive Options From Them – Schedule changes can be inconvenient but there can be some upsides to them as well. Check out the two positive options from recent schedule changes.
That’s it for the last week! See you on the blog this week with more news, deals, and tips!