Happy Tuesday! This past week, we had a bunch of posts here and some of them are deals that are no longer around. Hopefully you were able to grab something that was of interest to you! If not, Amazon Prime Day is less than one week away!
Marathon Date Change = No Marathon for Me
Last week, I was notified that the marathon I had signed up for several weeks ago (and started training for) shifted the day by one day. The problem was I had already built part of a trip around that marathon and was flying our directly after.
So, that means I no longer have the marathon. 🙁 Good news, I can concentrate instead on a half marathon I love doing in October and to try something new, I am using the Garmin Coach. This uses metrics from your watch and body to calculate appropriate workouts for you. So far so good!
posts italicized below are from the title
Miles, Points, and Travel
- All About the Brand New Turkish Airlines 787 Dreamliner, First Routes, Cabins, and More – The 787 Dreamliner for Turkish with the brand new business class cabin has taken flight! If things go right, I will be trying it out in just a couple of weeks!
- Cities and Schedules for the New Turkish Airlines 787 and Best Business Class Awards – If you want to try out the new Turkish Airlines business class for yourself, make sure you read this post! It is filled with the schedule of all the destinations and which routes have the best award availability.
- How to Access the “Old” American Airlines Award Calendar and Search Engine – Not everything new is better and that is certainly true with the AA award engine. Find out a simple trick to access the older, better American Airlines award engine.
- United Blames Chase for Customers Not Using Their Lackluster Credit Cards – So, Chase has killer cards and United’s co-branded ones are pretty dull. Who’s fault is that? Why, it is Chase’s fault, of course! At least that is what United says. Stay tuned tomorrow for a post about a perk that I think could change all of that for United.
- China Has Been Spying on Some Tourists’ Phones – The original big brother, China, has been using a spying app to check out the details of certain tourists’ phones when they enter a part of China. Find out about it.
- Amazon.com Has Small Homes for Sale with Free Shipping – Have you ever just wanted a little home for a weekend getaway but didn’t want to have a builder do all that? Amazon will deliver a small home to you with free shipping and they say it takes 2-3 days for you to assemble!
- Amazon Prime Deal of Audible for $4.95 Per Month – If you are an Amazon Prime member and new to Audible, this is a great deal you should take advantage of!
- These Two Passports Remain the Most Powerful in the World – The Henley Passport Index released their Q3 results and two countries have stayed at the top while one slipped. Find out about all the passport positions!
- You Can Now Apply for a US Passport at FedEx and Get It In One Day – But, it’s really going to cost you! Still, if you are not near a Passport Agency (another post!) and need the passport ASAP, it is nice to have this option.
- How Many Miles To Run Off 71 Hot Dogs? – Last week for the 4th of July, the annual Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Championship took place and regular winner Joey Chestnut took the mustard belt again. Find out how many miles he would have needed to run to burn off the calories from those hot dogs!
- The New Bose 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones Are Here – If you are a Bose fan, these headphones will interest you! But, they are not cheap! So, find out how to save a bit of money on that new purchase!
- Sony Launched Noise Cancelling Earbuds – Hot on the heals of the Bose 700, Sony went a different way with their noise cancelling earbuds – these should be very popular!
- How to Get a US Passport In as Little as a Couple of Hours – If spending hundreds of dollars extra doesn’t appeal to you, being near a US Passport Agency could just be your answer when you need that passport fast – and I mean, FAST!