Happy Monday! I hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving had a wonderful weekend of it! I skipped last week’s summary since most of the posts were involving travel deals and tech/running deals around the Black Friday “holiday” and, of course, those are all expired now. I hope you were able to find things that you were looking for and thanks to any of you that purchased using the links on my site – that really helps and means a lot to me!
There were some pretty awesome deals, like the Bose QuietComfort 25 noise cancelling headphones at $109 before any Amex discounts, the Garmin Vivoactive 3 watches that were at ridiculously low prices, and many other deals for the traveler, techie, and runner. I got a couple of things to flip, a couple of gifts but really didn’t do all that much about it this year (too busy hunting and posting deals to actually take advantage of them!).
Anyway, now we are in December! There will still be some pretty good deals coming our way and I will be writing about each one of them that has anything to do with the areas of interest of the blog here. Let me know in the comments if there is anything specific you may be looking for and I will see what I can find! 🙂
Miles, Points, and Deals
- New Amex Offers for Marriott and SPG Brand Hotels – If you have stays at these brands, you can save some money with these Amex Offers.
- Google Fi Officially on iPhone and Many Other Android Phones – In a long-awaited move, Google Fi has officially come to the iPhones and many other Android phones. This is great news for anyone that wants cheap, reliable international data and phone service.
- The Official News about Google Fi Updates and Up to $999 in Travel Gift Cards [Expired] – Even though this is expired, I could not resist mentioning it here since it is definitely the best travel and tech combo deal of the year. Congrats to anyone who got in on it (I was fortunate to – we will see how it goes!)
- Over 50 New Luxury Hotels are Now Bookable Through Hyatt – The Small Luxury Hotels partnership with Hyatt is becoming reality as the first 54 of those hotels have been inserted into the booking engine with Hyatt – and that includes with points. The majority of these hotels are in the United Kingdom, Italy, and Greece – three countries that could definitely use more Hyatt options.
- Master Marriott Breach of 500 Million Members – This was a huge, huge security issue and there are over 300 million customers that have had many parts of their information accessed – including passports.
- All World of Hyatt Members Get Great Benefits at the New Luxury Hotels – Unlike Hyatt-branded hotels, the new hotels that are part of Small Luxury Hotels reward all Hyatt members with some really elite-like benefits. These include breakfast and even room upgrades! I will be trying out one of these hotels soon so will update about it.
- 11 Luxury Hotels That Can Now Be Booked with Hyatt Free Night Certificates – Great news for World of Hyatt cardholders or others that earn the Category 1 – 4 free night certificates. There are 11 new luxury hotels that you can now book. Some of them provide some pretty nice value for the certificate.
- Wow, Humans Surprised Google with the Google Fi Offers – This post is a breakdown of what happened with Google pulling the offer early as they were apparently surprised with the interest of the free travel gift cards (really, surprised that people took advantage of this!)
- Last Day to Earn a 30% Bonus From Aeroplan – I don’t normally put posts in here from the current week but this deal ends today so check it out if you want to transfer hotel points to Aeroplan for a 30% bonus.
Here were the master posts from the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. I have seen some of the deals pop up again so you can check them out or use them for a reference if you spot something you want on sale.
- Master List of Black Friday and Cyber Monday Tech and Running Deals
- Master List of Black Friday and Cyber Monday Travel Deals
I have a marathon coming up in 1 month and am very pleased with my training program so far! I have been thrilled to see the improvements in my workouts week by week and am really looking forward to the marathon! I am hoping for a big PR, we shall see! On the travel side, my parents are coming for a visit and staying for Christmas this year so we are all excited about that!