Another Tuesday and this one so close to the real summer travel season about to heat up!
Here are the posts from the last week that you may have missed. The ones in the title are italicized in the list below.
Miles, Points, and Travel
- This 72-Year Old Man Crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a Barrel! – Next time you feel like complaining about crossing the Atlantic in economy class, think about this adventurer! This was quite the adventure!
- Now Live: American Airlines and Hyatt Partnership for Fast Track Status and More Miles/Points – It is a great thing to cross-platform with earning miles and points and AA and Hyatt now bring that to their elites.
- Be Careful of this Fake “Amex” E-Mail that Warns of Account Closure – There are plenty of e-mail scams working their way around and this is the latest that you need to be careful of.
- 14 More Hotels Join the World of Hyatt Program – Hyatt is making their moves and those moves bring a new batch of hotels into the program. Find the complete list of locations and award categories.
- Why Airlines Stripping Away First Class Can Be a Good Thing – As on reader said, I may be an optimist on this but see what you think of Austrian, Qatar, and Turkish business class to see what happens when an airline puts their focus on business!
- McDonald’s in Austria Now Are Like Mini US Embassies – Next time you are in Austria and you need help, like embassy help, simply pop into a McDonald’s!
- This Would be an Awesome Airline Credit Card Perk – It’s just too bad that the airlines will never give us a perk like this!
- 24 Hours with the New Garmin Forerunner 945 – This first impression is after 8 months with the Apple Watch Series 4 and there are some serious Garmin features that I had been missing!
That’s it for last week. Not a lot of posts that are still active (several deals that have since expired). I did wind up with more Daily Getaway packages – I picked up 5 Avis one-day rental certificates. I am always able to get extreme value from these so they are definitely worth it for me!