Happy Tuesday! I have been a bit AWOL here the past week or so as I have been extremely busy with visitors. It has been great but very little time following along with travel things. I may have a summary post of some of the most significant travel news this week in case you haven’t seen it on other blogs. For now, here is a summary of the past two weeks of posts here on the blog.
Miles, Points, and Deals
- New Amex Offer for Staples – Great for Gift Cards – If this is still around and in your account, definitely save it as it is a good one!
- New TripIt Update Really Helps Keep Trip Plans Organized More Than Ever – TripIt is hands down the best travel app around and this latest update makes it even better.
- American Airlines Drops Extra Fees for Sports Gear and Instruments – For any cyclists, this is great news! Check out the details of this new policy!
- New Info About Turkish Airlines Exclusive Lounge – There has been a lot of interest bout the new “Exclusive” Lounge and now it seems we may know who gets access. I think this is too good to be true but we shall see.
- The Chase Offer for Hyatt Worked on an International Stay – It is always nice when things work out differently than we think they will work – at least in our favor! This is good news as a data point for Chase Offers!
- The Official British Airways Redemption List – The new British Airways redemption list was not quite announced but after digging around, I was able to put the official redemption amounts together. The worst news will be for short-haul but check the list to see.
- Bose Announces Their Brand New Noise Cancelling Headphones, the Bose 700 – Bose is coming out with new headphones that should shake things up for their lineup, especially since they have been coasting for a bit.
- Southwest Schedule Extended – This latest extension now covers Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s so this is a great time to book!
- The Everest Marathon, Mount Everest for Runners – Mount Everest has been in the news lately as it has been getting pretty crowded up there. If you want a different challenge, check out this one!
- Turkish Airlines Adding New Flights to Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics – The 2020 Summer Olympics is just over a year away and Turkish Airlines is prepping for it by launching even more flights to Tokyo.
- Tech News: Start Using Your iPhone or Apple Watch for Some NYC Metro and Bus Routes – NYC is starting to get up-to-date a bit with tech as some stations now will allow smartphones/smartwatches to sub for metrocards!
- Two Reasons to Use British Airways Avios for AA Domestic Flights, Post Devaluation – The devaluation is here and short-haul redemptions are nothing like they used to be but there are still two reasons you may want to use them for AA domestic flights.
And that is it, except for a lot of deals that I posted about! If travel tech, running gear, or similar deals are of interest to you, make sure you are following along!