Hope you all had a great week last week! I finally had a chance to attend the Freddie Awards (this year in Jersey City) on Thursday night. That meant a quick trip from Europe to NYC Thursday and then back to Europe on Friday! Thankfully, my Aegean miles came in very handy and I got some comfortable seats both ways (though my seat going to NY was the better one!). Delta and United did not come close to winning any of the awards – big surprise.
Miles, Points, and Travel
- New Amex Offers Including 20% Hotels.com Offer! – This was a nice new offer that popped up – a chance to buy Hotels.com gift cards and save quite a bit on your upcoming travels!
- Great Deal! Buy IHG Points for 1/2 Cent Each with this IHG 20% Discount Points & Cash! – [Expired] This deal has now expired but it certainly presented the best opportunity to buy IHG points on the cheap!
- IHG PointBreaks Live – Book 100 Hotels for 5,000 Points ($23 Per Night) – Yes, the famous IHG PointBreaks list is here again – with nothing really exciting on it. But, check out the other post below for more information on maximizing a boring list!
- New Southwest Sale from $39 – Save on New & Existing Reservations – Another Southwest sale – just about every two weeks or so you can count on it! But, what makes them great is that you can save money on existing reservations when you rebook during sales!
- Today Only: Get a “Free” Avis Rental for $30 – Great Value to Be Had – [Expired] This is one of my favorite Daily Getaway deals and I was able to max this one out! It saved me a bundle last year and I look forward to it doing the same for me in the coming year as well!
- How to Pool Hilton Points For Free – True to their word, Hilton opened the doors to point pooling and this post shows you how easy it is to get started pooling points from your closest 10 friends/family members/neighbors/etc.
- A Simple Workaround To Access Southwest Internationally – This has been a continuing problem for some time and while this is not as good as Southwest just fixing the problem, at least you will be able to use this workaround to access Southwest.com when you are traveling abroad.
- Credit Card Review: USAA Limitless Cashback Rewards – Dustin breaks down a credit card that does not get a lot of ink and details what you should know about it.
- 4 Ways to Make the Most of a Disappointing IHG PointBreaks List – Not excited by the current list? That’s ok because here are 4 ways that you can make it work to your advantage (5 ways if you are a runner!).
- Great Deal: Hyatt Card with 2 Free Nights, $50, and 5,000 Points! – This is definitely the Hyatt offer to get (if you were not targeted for the 50,000 point offer) if you want to get great value! This is not available in the affiliate channels so you are basically trading the $50 if you apply for it through your favorite blogger’s links. Better the $50 goes to you!
- Save Money Adding an Authorized User – Find out how you can save money by adding an authorized user!
That’s it for this week! Today is a holiday around much of Europe so everyone was hitting the picnic areas to relax. Kind of nice – but not if you were visiting those places that were honoring the holiday and you were hoping to get a regular day of touring in! 🙂