Memorial Day Message
In the US, this day is a very special one to remember the incredible sacrifice that so many people paid throughout our nation’s history to give us the freedom we have today. I cannot begin to say “thank you” to those who gave what Abraham Lincoln called “the last full measure of devotion” and to all of those families who lost loved ones in the pursuit of freedom so that we can enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It seems so strange to use the word “Happy” in the way we normally recognize holidays since it is certainly more of a day of remembrance than one of pure happiness. So, instead, I will say Thank You on this Memorial Day and may we never forget the sacrifice of those for our country.
Miles, Points, and Deals
I missed the roundup last week due to its being pushed back more and more so I figured I would just include any of the posts that are still relative in this roundup today.
Credit Card Posts
- Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 Credit Is Changing The “Annual” Part – In this case, it seems that Chase must have seen the language on the new US Bank Altitude Reserve card and decided that “cardmember year” would work better for them than “calendar year” when it comes to doling out the $300 travel credit. This is really only important for those who have not gotten this card yet and is something you should take note of.
- Huge Delta Platinum Card Offers: 70K Miles, 10K Elite Miles, & $100 Statement Credit – These are some great offers if you like to fly Delta! Check them out!
- Huge Delta Gold Card Offers: 60,000 Miles and $50 Statement Credit – More great Delta offers! However, before you click “Apply”, make sure you read a little further down this page to see an even better deal on one of those cards! 🙂
- Check Now! United 75,000 Mile Offer Is More Widely Available! – This is the best United card offer around right now and it seems to have become more widely available! Check to see if you are one of those lucky customers!
- My Experience with Citi Rewind – Sometimes we only think about the headline deals when it comes to credit cards (bonuses, point earning, etc) but Dustin shows us how this great feature from Citi can help you get back quite a bit of money!
- Amex’s Lame Spin On These Negative Changes – Amex has axed a very popular benefit and tried to put a positive spin on it. Guess what? We are not buying it! 🙂
- New Amex Blue Business Plus Card: 20K Points & 2X Points On Everything – Thank you, Amex! While cutting one benefit, they did give us a really nice card that will be great for racking up more Membership Reward points!
- Here Is An Even Better Delta Gold Amex Offer – 60K Miles & $100 Credit! – If you want the best Delta credit card offer around, check out this deal!
- 3 Great Things About the New Amex Blue Business Plus Card – Yes, we will be getting our hands on our own card soon and these are 3 of the great things about this new Amex Business card.
- Mile and Point Purchase Promos Going On Now – Which Ones Are Valuable? – Some of these expire tomorrow so check them out and see which ones are worth while.
- Amex Offer: Earn 10x at FedEx Office (Targeted) – If you can make use of this and you are targeted for it, make sure you save this Amex Offer!
- New Amex Offer: Great for Cameras, Electronics, and More! – If you want to save money on cameras or pretty much any kind of electronic items, you have to check out this Amex Offer! You can even double them up for the new mini drone you can read about below!
- New Amex Offer: Get $60 Back on Hilton Hotel Stays [$300 or More] – This is a great offer if you are staying at any Hilton hotels in the next couple of months!
- 20% Off eBay Coupon for Select Categories – Works for GPS Watches! – This coupon is still valid so make sure you check out eBay today to see if you can save some money!
- New Amex Offers – Including $50 Back on $50 Spend for Hulu [Targeted] – If you are into being a wire-cutter when it comes to home entertainment, this is an Amex Offer you will want!
- BankAmeriDeals Offers including Some Travel Offers – Check out these travel offers from a little-talked about source.
- Great Hyatt Offer Returns: 10% Rebate On Points Used – If you are a Hyatt cardholder, make sure you register for this great offer to get a 10% rebate on the points you use!
- Cool New SPG Moments Auction Where the Biggest Winners are the Losers! – This is a really cool SPG Moments Auction that I had been waiting to see again. This is an unusual one where the biggest winners could actually be the losers in this situation!
- Ton of New MLB Packages Available with SPG Starpoints! – There are a lot of new MLB packages available for free using your Starpoints. These even include some impressive offers for the All-Star game!
- Save 20% and Get 3,000 Bonus Points at the New Park Hyatt Bangkok – If you want to try out the new Park Hyatt Bangkok, make sure you check out this deal.
- Special Deal: MLB TV for 50% Off Regular Subscription Price – This deal expires tonight if you want to grab MLB TV at the cheapest public price of the season.
- Earn Triple Avios At Many Retailers – Up to 24 Avios Per Dollar! – If you want to rack up some big Avios numbers, check out these retailers!
- Fly Qatar Business Class R/T From Athens to the US for $1,650 [via Doha] – [Expired] Yes, this one is expired but I just wanted to point it out as Qatar does run sales like this a couple of times per year. I was able to snag a hybrid business class one way ticket on the A350 (hopefully with the new QSuite by then!) for pretty cheap. If you find yourself in Europe at some point and want a great way to get home, you really cannot beat it with a deal like this!
- $300 Roundtrip Tickets to Israel – I Am Not WOWed – Yes, it has happened. A low cost carrier has stretched its route from the US to Israel. While impressive, there are many things you should be aware of before you jump at a $300 ticket like this!
- No Electronics Ban for EU – US Flights – For Now – This was written last week and now it seems that it could come down once again – in a much wider way.
- Take Your Travel Photos to New Heights With This New Mini Drone! – Check out this amazing new drone from the king of drones! This could really add a cool element to your trip photo collage!
- TSA PreCheck Adds 7 New Airlines – TSA PreCheck continues to expand with airlines and there are now 7 new ones including some exciting ones like Copa, Singapore, and Turkish!
- Southwest Schedule Extended! Book For Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Now! – Always nice when Southwest extends their schedule to cover these busy travel times!
- At Least 15 Countries Affected By Southwest Blocking Access & Why This Is a Problem – The international access problem on Southwest continues and it is affecting at least 15 countries now. Let us know if your country is affected as well and make your voice known to Southwest about this!
- Uber Free To Operate In Italy – Again – Headed to Italy this summer? Uber is again working so you can just pull up the app to hit the roads!
- Big Life Goal and a Giveaway – You’ve got to read this great post by Dustin about how he was recently able to achieve a major life goal while still being able to travel and enjoy seeing the world at the same time!
- Who Else Is Tired of Airline Stories? – It seems they never end sometimes if you follow the news online! Yes, there are some dreadful ones that need the public’s attention to cause the airlines to adjust their policies but sometimes it seems that there are 60 stories/posts lining up for some much more minor story.
- Is This The Most Interesting Modern Payment Solution Yet? – While a cool new way to use payment processing, I’m not sure how practical this will be for a while yet.
- Why Targeted Amex Offers Are A Good Thing – Seeing targeted Amex Offers and not getting them yourself can be frustrating. But, they can also be a good thing!
- One of the Things I Love the Most About Garmin Watches – There are many things that I love about Garmin watches (that have kept pulling me away from Apple Watch models) but this is one of the things I love the most.
That is it for the last couple of weeks! Yes, I will try not to put two weeks in one again – and I left out a few deals that had expired! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.