Welcome back to another weekly summary! I have to say, last week was a bit of a travel roller coaster for me not knowing if I was going to be heading out the door any minute for another country to run a marathon or not! And, it turns out, I did not! Oh well, at least I found out that I won 250,000 miles! That’s always a nice surprise! 🙂
Miles, Points, & Travel
- Many New Amex Offers – $100 Back on Hotels & Many Bonus Point Offers – Last Monday, new Amex Offers posted and they included a pretty good one for getting $100 back on hotels booked through Amex (and over $600). If that fits your travel habits, add it to your card(s)!
- Enter to Win Hyatt Globalist – Hyatt’s Top Tier Elite Status! – Until tonight (4/10 @ 11:59PM ET), you can enter to win Hyatt’s new top-tier status! Check out the details in this post!
- Club Carlson Promo: Triple Points + 5,000 Points on Sunday or Monday Stays – Have some summer stays coming up? Check out this promo by Club Carlson that can earn you some serious points if you plan your stays right!
- The Big 35K SPG Offers Are Ending – Who Should Apply? – [Expired] Though these offers are gone, these reasons should still be valid for anyone considering the SPG Amex cards. Just don’t apply right now – wait a little until the print has faded on this big offer to make yourself feel better! 🙂
- Bonus Time! Earn 2,000 Bonus Miles With These Shopping Promos + Stack With Amex – Some new shopping portal bonuses are out so check them out and see if you can earn a few extra miles!
- One of the Most Scenic Marathons Is Now Open! – I absolutely LOVED running the St. George Marathon – even though I got hurt during the race! This race is a must-do/must-see and I will be heading back there at some point. And, for the first time, NO LOTTERY!
- Bags In Hand – Where’s My Visa? – Yes, I was that ready! I had applied and started training 3 months ago for the inaugural Tehran Marathon only to find myself waiting for a visa that never came. It was a shame as I think it would have been a pretty interesting run. Especially for a unique post that I don’t think anyone else could have written – comparing the inaugural Jerusalem Marathon to the inaugural Tehran Marathon! 🙂
- Amex Gets Their Way With the New Platinum Card – The Amex Platinum card has again become a card that people like to carry. If only it earned some nice points to go with the new look…
- My Open Relationship with the Chase Sapphire Preferred – I always appreciate Dustin’s posts as many of them focus on different areas of travel from what I normally use. For example, my go-to/constant point currency is the Ultimate Rewards program because of the airlines I need to fly. For Dustin, it is different so you get to see varied perspectives. Check out what card he has found to replace the “great” Chase Sapphire Preferred!
- Great Deal! Earn 25,000 Hilton Points Per Surpass Referral – This is the best bonus for referrals ever on the Hilton Surpass card from American Express! If you have it, make sure you get your referrals out to bulk up your Hilton balance.
- One Thing To Be Careful Of With the New Hilton Honors – The new Hilton Honors award mechanism is here and it certainly has its ups and downs. Here is one thing you need to know if you are booking Hilton awards.
- Italy: Ciao, Uber! – Unfortunately, Italy has decided to kick Uber to the curb in preference to their taxi services. If you were looking forward to the familiar Uber presence on your next trip to sunny Italy, you may need that guidebook and map now more than before.
- I Won 250,000 Airline Miles! – YES! I actually won something but this was not a winning by chance. I was able to place second (what a great second place prize, right?!) in a MegaDO promo and I won 250,000 airline miles! Thankfully, that is almost enough to fly all 6 of us from the US to Europe in business class! Not a bad prize!
And that’s it for last week! There were a few other posts but they have since expired. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of things like the JetBlue award sale and the Garmin deal on two of their best watches.
Have a great week! Enjoy your break and any vacations you may be headed out on!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.