Monday Tuesday! 🙂 I wasn’t able to get to the week summary last night so here it is tonight! Also, it will include posts that are still relevant from two weeks ago as I did not put out a summary post last week.
It is good to finally be in spring, though I know some of you are still experiencing winter. I am sorry for you about that but that is one of the great things about travel deals – get away to someplace warm soon! 🙂
The italicized posts are the ones mentioned in the post title.
Miles, Points, and Deals
- The New Istanbul Airport Opening Date and What You Should Know if Flying Turkish Airlines – This is it! Finally, the date is coming for the new Istanbul Airport and I will actually be flying in and out the day it opens so check back next week for some of the reviews!
- Hilton No Longer Classifies Jerusalem as “West Bank”…Or as Israel – I know airlines have gotten into trouble before with their regional definitions but this is the only major hotel chain I am aware of that still doesn’t classify their only Jerusalem property as being in Israel. But, they no longer classify it as the West Bank…
- Flying Turkish Airlines Short-Haul Next Month? You May Get a Big Jet with More Business Class Seats! – While it seems at least a couple of these routes have experienced the big jets, there will be some big jets on new routes for at least the month of April! That includes on I will be on, a 777-300 for the 1 hour flight from Istanbul to Athens.
- Garmin Just Released Awesome (and Expensive) New GPS Watches! – If you ever wanted your GPS watch to have more luxury and flair, then you are in luck as you can now spend up to $2,500 on a Garmin GPS watch with the new Marq watches! They actually do look cool and I love how the VO2max and recovery time are part of the dial!
- Review: The Grand Hyatt Athens and the $5,000 Acropolis Suite – Check out my review of the new Grand Hyatt Athens and what the second most expensive suite at this hotel looks like!
- When You Should NOT Book Small Luxury Hotels Through Hyatt – While the ability to use points at over 100 new hotels is a great move by Hyatt, there are some times that you will not want to book those hotels through Hyatt! Depending on the hotel, you could save a lot of money!
- Lime Scooter Review: A Fast and Simple Way to Get Around Dozens of Cities – If Uber is getting old for you, you need to check out Lime! This is the great new, app-based transportation system that gets you out of traffic and lets you chart your own course in dozens of cities around the world! I am a huge fan and have logged dozens of miles on them already.
- Pick Your Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer – The CSP has two flavors of offers out right now – 50K points and no annual fee or 60k points and a $95 annual fee. Personally, I would go with the 60k point offer but check out the post to see all the details.
- Google’s New Feature Tells You if the Flight Price is a Good Deal – Ever wonder if you are getting the best price on an airline ticket? Wonder no more as Google is taking that question mark out of your planning!
- This Hotel Package Costs $450,000 and Includes a Private Jet – No, it is not in the Maldives but in Las Vegas! But, given what it offers, I would still want to spend the $200K for the underwater villa in the Maldives vs this package!
- The All-New, Basic Kindle has a Built-In Light, Audible, and 3 Free Months of Kindle Unlimited – Now all the Kindle models come with a built-in light, which is great news for any traveler that likes to read at night! This latest model even brings onboard Audible support and gives you $30 worth of Kindle Unlimited for the new price of $89.
- 4 Reasons to Use United Miles for Business Class Awards to Europe – I can’t stand the higher costs of United for premium awards but there are some good reasons why you may want to book with them. Here are 4 of those reasons.
- Credit Cards Need to Innovate – The Global Entry benefit is available on almost 20 credit cards and it is really boring! Check out this post for a few ideas of what could make some nice, new additions as a benefit.
- JetBlue Schedule Extension Live – Book Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s! One of the more anticipated schedule extensions so far this year has now happened – you can book JetBlue flights all the way up to January 8, 2020!
And that is it for the last week or so!
Today was my birthday and I got to celebrate a great evening with family and a little bit of an off-day as far as running. I went for my “birthday” run yesterday and ran my age – in kilometers. 🙂 After only running about 20 miles per week since my marathon in January, it felt good to get out there and run 23 miles just for fun! I’ll leave the calculations up to you to decide how old I am. 😉
I am about to put my next marathon on the calendar – just waiting for a couple of other things to line up. The only problem is that it is in September which means I need to do my training in the summer. I hate running in the summer here since temps are always high and it is humid! I like the heat but hate the humidity! Oh, well, at least it will get me out there!
Have a great week!