Welcome back to another summary of the previous week’s posts! Hopefully, if you missed something of interest, this will help keep you up to date.
Miles, Points, and Travel
It would have been up sooner but had to wait for my MacBook to finish updating to the new Mac OS High Sierra. Up and running and going pretty smooth so far!
- Qatar Is Bringing Their Fantastic New Qsuites To New York In December – If you want to fly a long-haul on the new Qsuites product, it is coming to New York in just a few more months!
- Combine Your Capital One Miles – Find out how to combine your Capital One Miles to get to the most out of the program.
- How To Track Your New iPhone 8 Early – This was definitely one of the more dialed-down iPhone launches in recent years with pretty much everyone receiving their new phones if they ordered on the first day. Still, if you are waiting, find out how you can track it before Apple sends you the tracking!
- New TripIt Feature Uses iMessage For Keeping People Up-To-Date – I continue to be a big fan of TripIt and love the innovation they have been doing with their app so far this year. This is the latest update.
- Use Hilton Points on Amazon – At A Really Bad Rate – If you really want to get a terrible value with your Hilton points, you can now use them on Amazon!
- Great Deal: Fly NYC to Athens on Emirates From $352 Roundtrip [Expired] – This was a fantastic deal that I took advantage of with a couple of flights. While it did expire, it should come around again in a couple of months (or be available to Milan in a couple of weeks).
- Even Better Price: DJI Mavic Pro – The Perfect Drone Balance of Travel and Quality – If you want to take your travel memories to new heights, the DJI Mavic Pro is a fantastic, portable way to do that! This deal is still live so check it out!
- One Thing You Can Do To Help Hotels You Really Like – If you have a favorite hotel, find out a simple thing you can do to help them out in a big way.
- Travel Items I Always Take with Me – Find out the travel items that Dustin makes sure to bring along on his journeys!
- How To Fly Cross Country to the Boston Marathon in Style! – Hopefully you have found out if your Boston Marathon qualifying time was enough to get you in this next year! If you are going and from the West Coast, find out how you can do it in style for almost nothing!
- Banks and the Metal Credit Cards – Phase or Perk? – Metal cards seem to be the rage, but why?
- Short of US Bank Altitude Reward Points? What You Need to Know About Buying Them – First thing to know is that they will cost you double what you can redeem them for! But, it can make sense for some situations so find out what you need to know.
- This Is Why I Hate Booking Travel Far In Advance! – Some people are good at it but I always seem to end up getting in trouble with my travel I book too far in advance.
- How to Change or Cancel a US Bank Altitude Travel Reward – If you just made a US Bank reward redemption with points from your Altitude Reserve card, find out what you need to know about changing or cancelling it.
- US Bank Really Wants You To Work To Spend Your Points! – While there are some good things about the US Bank Altitude Reserve card, there are also some very frustrating aspects. This is one of them!
- London Says “NO!” to Uber – But Uber Is Not Done Yet – The battle is on between the taxi forces in London and Uber. Who will come out on top?
- Marathon Disqualified Over 5,800 Runners For Cheating – Yes, that is a staggering number. Find out about the circumstances surrounding this marathon’s allegations.
And that is it for this week! We had family just arrive again – on Ryanair – without any problems other than delayed flights so that is good! I am still trying to handle planning some very complicated travel plans for the next few months. I almost had it and then one element disappeared. Oh well, it can be fun!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.