Here we are – in August! For us, the weather is still heating up and that means days that are at or near 100 degrees as late as 8:30 at night! It’s ok, winter is right around the corner. 🙂
Below is a roundup of the posts from the week. It was a pretty popular week around here with many people reading and sharing a few of these posts so hopefully you enjoy them as well!
Miles, Points, and Travel
- An Amex / Ritz-Carlton Deal – That Doesn’t Seem To Be a Deal – Not all deals are good deals and this seems to be one of those!
- New JetBlue Sale for Fall Travel From $39 – [Expired] This sale was of note as JetBlue has been a little slow in getting these out lately so hopefully you were able to snag some great deals!
- Southwest Sale from $42 – Travel Through February 2018! – [Expired] And, this was also a notable sale (what?! a Southwest sale notable?) because it was the first one this year that stretched into 2018. So, be on the lookout this week for another one and get some of those winter dates booked!
- New Amex Offers For Earning Thousands of Points for Hotels [Targeted] – I really love Amex Offers that give points as you can often earn 20 – 30 Membership Reward points per dollar from deals like this!
- Garmin Forerunner 630 Deal – A Great GPS Watch with Plenty of Metrics – This watch is still available and these Garmin deals tend to be pretty popular around here! Watches like this are a great deal so check it out!
- 2 Southwest Gift Cards Giveaway – Perfect for Southwest Sales! [Expired] Just pointing this out in case you missed it. 🙂 Make sure you check in from time to time so you have a chance at giveaways like this!
- Have Ultimate Rewards Become too Valuable? – Dustin makes some great points about the value of Ultimate Reward points and what may be in our future if Chase starts playing like Amex. 🙂
- The One Feature That Makes the Chase Sapphire Reserve a Keeper for Me – Thousands of people are coming up on fee renewals for this card this month and many will be wondering if they should keep the Chase Sapphire Reserve. This post highlights the single benefit that makes it a keeper for me.
- The Most Frustrating Hotel Elite Status to Earn – Hotel status can require a lot of nights to earn – or just a single credit card. Find out what might be one of the most frustrating status levels to earn.
- One Airline Loyalty Program That Actually Rewards Loyalty – Airlines have really been shaking up what is loyalty with customers and how they want to show it. One airline still rewards loyalty in a variety of ways and it may surprise you which one it is!
- A Funny Comparison: Tale of Two “Snacks” on Short-Haul Flights – US airlines are trying to be more competitive on the world stage with the very popular foreign carriers. Just take a look at these two “snacks” and see how competitive they are in this department. 🙂
That’s it for last week! Hope you have a great week! I started out this week with a great snag (courtesy of Extreme Hotel Deals) – a presidential suite for only 66,000 points! Don’t worry, a review will be coming after I stay there!