Happy Monday! I missed last weeks update, thanks to the craziness that was Amazon Prime Day. Hopefully, you got in on some of the nice deals that were available. I was able to grab some gifts, some things for resale, and a couple of things that I had been looking for.
Today’s roundup will leave out all the expired deals so you don’t have to see them again! 🙂
Miles, Points, and Deals
- Run an Awesome Marathon In the New England Patriots Stadium! – Even if you aren’t a New England Patriot fan, this should still be an incredible marathon to participate in!
- The $1 Billion Airline Route, USPS $3.5 Million Mistake, & How Many Miles Joey Chestnut Needs to Run for 74 Hot Dogs – Here were some interesting stories that had popped up. Find out how many miles that the reigning hot dog champ would have had to run to work off those 74 hot dogs! 🙂
- The Grand Hyatt Athens Is Now Bookable With Points or Awards – The Grand Hyatt Athens is due to open in just under a month. If you wanted to book it with points or awards, you can do that now.
- Amex Offers to Save Money: Airline Offer, Furniture Offer, and Cruise Offer – Check out some of the Amex Offers that popped up a couple of weeks ago. You have likely already seen them but check them just in case!
- Actually, Running a Marathon Inside a NFL Stadium Does Not Sound Like a Nightmare! – Someone (I’m assuming a non-runner) thinks that running a marathon inside a stadium sounds like a nightmare. Here are some reasons why it really isn’t!
- Hyatt’s New Credit Card Made a Smart, Thoughtful Move in the Bonus Category – The new World of Hyatt card is really something else and there is a smart move they made in one of their bonus categories also.
- Barclay Misses The Point, Again – Barclay has made some changes but, as Dustin points out in this post, they miss the point again. C’mon, Barclay, you really need to get on track here!
- Video of a Bear Walking Through a Hotel in Vermont! – Imagine seeing this walking through the hallway of your hotel!
- Marriott Is Going to Use Your Face to Check You In – Where It is Starting and What it Could Mean – While your face may not get you any upgrades, it will start being able to check you in!
- The Biggest Problem with the In-Flight Credit Card Pitch As United Makes it Mandatory – United Airlines has upped their payout to flight attendants and is making their credit card pitch required. Here is the biggest problem with the in-flight credit card pitch.
- 6 Things to Know About Flying with Aegean Airlines – Aegean Airlines is a very good airline in Europe! If you are going to be visiting Greece, you will want to know about them. Here are 6 things you should know about flying with them!
- My Airline Elite Status Saved Me 20% On My Dinner Tonight – When was the last time you went out for dinner and your airline elite status saved you money on your tab? Thanks to my airline elite status, that is what happened to me!
- Last Day: Increased Offers on United Explorer Credit Card (Up to 65,000 Miles) – Hey, United renewed this offer so it is still around! If you want this card, check out the offers that are available!
- Great Amex Offer for Prime Day: 3X Membership Reward Points on Amazon! – This was not just for Prime Day! Check your Amex cards to get 3X Membership Reward points on your Amazon shopping!
- New Amex Offer: Spend $750 at Four Seasons Hotels and Earn 15,000 MR Points [Targeted] – If you want to stay at a high-end Four Seasons property, this Amex Offer will make that a little cheaper or more reasonable!
- Hyatt Announces a New Experiences Platform – But Please Don’t Use Your Points! – There is a chance that the redemption rates will get better. In the meantime, if any of these look attractive to you, you may want to just pay cash.
- Why Faster Ultimate Reward Redemptions, May Lead To Faster Devaluation – Dustin takes a look at why all of our great Ultimate Rewards redemptions may lead to a devaluation.
- Savvy Travelers Cost Chase $330 Million – What Will This Mean For the Future? – This is my take on this little bit of noise from Chase. What will this unexpected line item amount mean for the future of Ultimate Rewards?
- New Premium Southwest Priority Card Is Live: 65,000 Points, Upgrades, Travel Credit, and More – Southwest has entered the premium card market and the card is a really good one for the dedicated Southwest flyer.
- New Apple Pay Promo Include Discounts for Hotels.com, Groupon, Stubhub, and More – Grab your iPhone and save with some of these deals.
- Over 20 New Amex Offers This Week: Save Money and Earn Points with Travel and Shopping – That’s right, over 20 new Amex Offers just this week and there are some good ones.
- Breaking Down the Numbers: How Many Items Did Amazon Sell on Prime Day 2018? – What were the biggest sellers and how many things did Amazon sell for Prime Day?
That is it! Hope you have a great week and that you are enjoying your summer!