Hello, Tuesday! It has been a couple of weeks since the last roundup. I skipped it last week as I was quite busy hunting down deals for Prime Day and, to be honest, was a little fried of posting to even do a roundup! I will say that Prime Day, overall, was a bit disappointing but I was very happy to see many readers take advantage of many singular deals that we were able to find and post about.
The italicized posts below are the ones in the title
Miles, Points, and Deals
- Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics: Don’t Count on Staying at Hyatt Property – The Hyatt booking calendar has now opened for the Olympics but there are no rooms available to be booked! It turns out that the Grand Hyatt is a host hotel for Olympic teams and NBC staff and other Hyatt properties are apparently dealing with package dealers instead.
- Awesome Maldives Package with Points – This package is still under 2 million points and it will give access to the most exclusive villa in the world – an underwater one! It also comes with a stay in a villa that retails over $5,000 per night! Check it out!
- Limited-Time: Buy a BLADE Pass for Discounted Airport-NYC Helicopter Transfers – If you are a NYC regular, these two packages could be a good deal for you. Check them out to see if they are the best way for you to get to the airport.
- Here are the First 8 Destination Hotels Joining the World of Hyatt Program – The Hyatt portfolio continues to expand with hotels outside the realm of “normal” chain hotels and that is always good to see!
- United Should Bring This “Old” Perk to Their Credit Card to Earn Loyal Customers – United is the one to blame for boring credit cards, not Chase like they like to think. However, if they bring this perk back, they will earn some loyal customers and their spending for sure!
- Awesome New ANA Cabins – ANA dropped the big announcement that some of their planes will have some extraordinary new cabins! Think a 43″ TV in first class and an actual sofa in business class!
- Now Use AA.com to Book JAL Awards – Just in time for bookings for the Olympics! You can now book these awards directly on AA.com without having to search first and then call in.
- New JetBlue Schedule Extension – Now you can book all the way into the spring of 2020 on JetBlue!
- Marriott CEO Says Resort Fees Are Like Baggage Fees: 4 Reasons Why That Isn’t True – News for the Marriott CEO – travelers can opt out of paying for baggage but not resort fees! There is one reason and this post gives 3 more.
- Unbelievable Amazon Prime Day Mistake Sold Items Worth $1,000s for $100 – While some people may have been disappointed in the Prime Day discounts, there are many that made out like crazy with some of these deals.
In addition to these posts, there were about 14 other posts about the Amazon Prime Day deals. Hopefully, some of you were able to find some deals through them!
On the travel side, I had to cancel my ticket for the inaugural flight (for this aircraft on a European flight)on the new Turkish 787 to Amsterdam. That would have been this Friday. Hopefully, I will get a chance to fly it again before my next scheduled flight on it in September.
Hope you have a great week and thanks for reading!