Welcome back to this week’s summary. I cannot believe that we are in November – this year has just flown by! To be honest, these next two months are two of my favorite months of the year so I am really looking forward to it!
As for running updates, this past month I selected and entered my next marathon for next year – and I am pretty excited about it! I will have a post this week about the marathon I chose and why. Also, I am still on my running streak for 2015 – at least 1 mile per day everyday. Running 1 mile a day is not a lot, but it is harder than I would have figured on some days!
Here are the posts from this week. Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow!
Miles, Points, and Travel
- Roundup Of Great New Amex Offers – Some great new Amex Offers had popped up this past week and this roundup is of those offers from Monday.
- Book These IHG Hotels For Only 5,000 Points Per Night – The IHG list of hotels that are bookable for only 5,000 points per night is up, bookable, and stay able! Check and see which hotels may fit your travel plans.
- Coming Up Short For Aegean Gold? Now You Can Buy Elite Miles – Aegean has really changed their program over the past year but not all changes were negative. If you want to keep your elite status and Star Alliance Gold, here is a nice, convenient way to get you there.
- New Amex Offer: Great Deal For Amtrak – Pretty much enough said! Check out this post about how you can save some nice cash on Amtrak trips.
- New Southwest Card Offer – Less Spending & Fewer Points – There is a new Southwest card out that gives fewer points but also requires half the spending. Check and see if you are one of the few people who may benefit from this card.
- Aegean Giving A Special Prize To 10 Random Athens Marathoners – Next Sunday is the Athens Marathon and Aegean Airlines, the official airline of the marathon, has a nice prize for 10 random marathoners!
- BREAKING: The Death Of The 4,500 Avios Flight In North America Is Here – The anticipated announcement finally came – as of February, no more booking the incredibly-valued 4,500 Avios flights for short-haul, one way flights in North America.
- New Amex Offer: Save Money At Sheraton Hotels & Other Hotel Offers[Targeted] – This offer is targeted so check your accounts. The Sheraton offer is limited to certain cardholders but the others may have be more widely available.
- Southwest Is Now Open For The 2016 Boston Marathon (And Beyond) – Those of you running the 2016 Boston Marathon and wanting to fly on Southwest, you can now book those tickets!
- Now You Can Buy Aegean Award Miles – Why This May Be Great For You – In addition to buying Aegean elite miles, you can also buy award miles. Even at a cost of €0.025 each, it still may be great for you and your travel situation.
- Amex Offer Deals: Olive Garden & Under Armour Stacking – Here are some more Amex Offers along with one that has long been available and has some awesome stacking.
- This Long-Lasting, Limited-Time Offer Is Still Alive And Kicking – 75K Miles – When I wrote this post, the offer was there. When it published, it had expired but I found a working link so it is still available!
- AA vs BA For US Awards – Running The Numbers – With the announcement of the change to the 4,500 British Airways Avios award for North America, I thought it would be a good idea to check and compare to redeeming AA miles for the same trips. You may be surprised!
- The Tale Of 2 Offers – AA’s 50,000 Mile Offer & 40,000 Mile + $100 Offer – There are now two offers available for the same card that may suit different flyers in different ways. See what each one has to offer.
- Coming Soon: Earn 2 AA Miles Per $1 At Gas Stations With This Card! – This AA Business card will soon earn you double AA miles on all gas station purchases. This is great news for those that want to accrue AA miles.
- Roundup Of Amex Offers For Hotels – With all the new Amex Offers for hotels, I thought it was a good time to do a roundup post of all of these great deal.
- Just How Many Starpoints Did Those World Series Tickets Cost? – SPG had some amazing offerings for World Series tickets in exchange for Starpoints – but those bids went up pretty high! See what people paid and what they could have redeemed for instead!
Thanks for following along this week! Please remember to check and come back for a visit again next week as each day will see new, fresh content that will (hopefully!) be of help to you in the areas of miles, points, travel, and running