If you are a football fan, hopefully you enjoyed last night’s Super Bowl! Being that it started at 1:30am for me, I almost went to bed in the 3rd quarter when the Patriots were down 28-9. Very glad I did not go to sleep! 🙂 And, the Patriots aren’t even “my” team but it is still something that I greatly enjoyed watching (being a Bills fan, I have learned to “adopt” teams during the postseason!).
Miles, Points, and Travel
- Many New Amex Offers Are Here – Including 20% Off Hotel Gift Cards – New Amex Offers popped up last Monday and there is a great one to give you 20% off on Hotels.com gift cards for future stays.
- Book Any Of These 131 IHG Hotels For Only 5,000 Points Per Night! – The latest IHG PointBreak hotels are live and many of the best options are already booked. But, there are still over 100 hotels you can book for only 5,000 points per night!
- The List of the 30 Airlines That You Can Use TSA PreCheck With – TSA PreCheck is expanding and now you can use it with 30 airlines when departing from the US!
- Never Ending Classics at Olive Garden + Amex Offer For Better Deal – If you are a big Olive Garden fan, hopefully you can take advantage of this. The Amex Offer is dead but if you bought gift cards when it was live, you will make this deal even better.
- Last Day To Change Your Airline for Amex Reimbursement – And This Year Is More Important Than Before! – Every January, Amex lets you switch your preferred airline for your $200/$100 airline incidental reimbursement. This year, it was more important for ever on the Business Platinum card! Hopefully you remembered to switch! We already got our $200 for the year so we are all set.
- Special Park Hyatt Mallorca Promo – 4th Night Free w/ Limited Dates – The Park Hyatt Mallorca is a new Park Hyatt resort that has a lot going for it. If you want to head there in the next couple of months, you may be able to save with this 4th night free promo that they are running.
- Earn 55,000 United Miles & $50 with New Card Offers – The United MileagePlus Explorer and business card are both up to public offers of 50,000 miles and the MileagePlus Explorer card offers some extra bonuses.
- New Amex Offer for Membership Reward Points at Hilton Hotels – A new (targeted) offer for Platinum card members (and maybe more) that will work great for stays at Hilton hotels.
- See If You Are Targeted for 75K United Miles + $50 Credit Offer! – Use the link in this post to see if you are targeted for the 70,000 + 5,000 + $50 United credit card offer! This is a great 75K United miles offer that you should get, if you are eligible for it.
- The New Hilton Honors with 5 New Changes – The new Hilton Honors program is rolling out several changes and this post breaks down what those changes are.
- New! Best Places to Run in Major Cities – As a new feature on Running with Miles, look for a special section on travel sales and special posts about events to see where the best places are to run. Thanks to GreatRuns.com for this collaborative effort!
- Delta Coach Review: New York to Barcelona [JFK-BCN] – While many reviews are about business and first class travel, coach tickets for international travel are cheaper than ever and we do have a choice in the airlines we fly. Check out this detailed review by Dustin at what Delta coach is like from the US to Europe.
- Super Running at the Super Bowl – As the first post from GreatRuns, this post dealt with some of the great, local places to run if you were in Houston for the Super Bowl.
- The World’s Most Expensive Trip, Hacked Hotel, and More – A roundup of some items that caught my eye, including what the most expensive trip in the world is and the cost!
- One Thing That Would Make Amex Offers for Travel Much Better – Amex Offers are a great way to save money but they do lack one thing that would make them even better, especially for travel.
- Earn 2,000 Bonus Miles with These Shopping Bonuses – Check out these two opportunities to earn an extra thousand bonus miles when you go through shopping portals.
- Extreme Points Value at Super Bowl Hotels – With points, it is easy to get extreme value during big events like the Super Bowl. Even 3 days before the Super Bowl, you could redeem points and get 5 – 10 cents per point value across many programs!
- Ending Soon! Use Points for the Ultimate NBA All-Star Experience – In the middle of Super Bowl week, SPG had a series of SPG Moments auctions ending for the Ultimate NBA All-Star experience. This has closed now and the ending price was not all that bad for what the winners got!
- From Hyatt Category 7 to Category 3 – Biggest Category Drop Ever? – Check out this Hyatt Category 7 – 3 drop for a hotel! That is a savings of 18,000 points per night with a single drop. But, you would probably never even want to redeem points for this property because it is much cheaper to just pay for the room.
- Review: Sleeping in the 747 Cockpit Suite | Jumbo Stay Hotel – Ever wondered what it was like to sleep in the cockpit of a 747? Well, you can actually do that yourself at the Jumbo Stay hotel! Find out what this experience is like and check out the photos from this stay!
That’s it for last week! Hope you have a great week this week and that there are many opportunities to earn and burn your miles!