I hope you all had a great week and a wonderful Father’s Day weekend (should you celebrate it in your country)! We had a great, but busy, week. This week, two of my boys will be heading with me to Paris for the Paris Air Show – we are quite excited! I know there are some fantastic airplanes that have already been rolled out so it should be good! Plus, it will be my sons’ first time in Paris (and I had not spent much time in the city myself either so it will be like a first time for me as well!) so we are looking forward to a great couple of days there!
Miles, Points, and Travel
- Great Deal: Earn 10% eBay Bucks Buying AND Selling [Targeted] – The buying part of this deal has ended but if you were targeted, you can still sell something this week and get the 10% eBay bucks for the end of the month! I maxed out this period, mostly from selling.
- What Is Your Threshold for Flying Coach? – What is your threshold for flying coach? Miles and points make it possible to pretty much fly first or business anywhere around the world but those awards are at a premium so some travel for people is done in coach. How do you choose when to fly up?
- Hotel Review: Hyatt at the Bellevue – Dustin and his wife took an anniversary trip and stayed at the Bellevue in Philadelphia for a couple of nights. This is a nice property and is a Category 4 – which means you can use your Hyatt card’s anniversary night at it! Check out the review!
- A Great Auction To Turn Hilton Points Into 150K AA Miles! – [Expired] So, why I am including this expired thing here? Because it ended up going for 500,000 Hilton points! That means that, in addition to the headline items, you could have “traded” 500,000 Hilton points for 150,000 AA miles. I think the general consensus is that Hilton points are worth about .4 cents each and AA miles probably around 1.7 cents each. So, this could have been a cool trade, especially given how easy it is to get Hilton points. Their auctions are yet another great way to use Hilton points!
- New Amex Offer – Get $40 Back on JW Marriott Stay – A new Amex Offer for travel is here and it will help you save $40 on a spend of $200 or more at the top-tier Marriott brand of JW Marriott.
- Airfare Deal: Fly Boston to Paris From $374 + More Cities – This has expired but I also wanted to include it as these deals come out very often now and wanted to give you an example of what has been available.
- Use Your Hilton Points For This Marathon + Hotel! – Back to Hilton points! Yes, you can actually use them for a marathon package! There are 10 days left to this so check it out – especially since there are no bids on it yet!
- Sometimes Amex Offers Could Cost You MORE Money – While Amex Offers can certainly save you money, you also need to make sure that some of them are not costing you MORE money!
- American Airlines Made A Lot of Happy Customers – By Doing Nothing – Airlines have been angering a lot of customers with some of the viral videos over the last months showing extreme customer service fails. Well, American Airlines made customers happy with a decision – and they didn’t even really have to do anything to do this!
- New Deal: Get 15% Rebate On JetBlue Awards – ENDS TONIGHT! This is a good deal if you want to get back some of your JetBlue points on awards (and who wouldn’t want to do that!).
- Where I Am Using My Hyatt Free Night Award for Globalists – If you are a Hyatt Globalist, you would have received a free Category 1 – 7 night. There are some great properties to use that at but this is the one I chose to use mine at.
- My Mistake Cost Me a Great Father’s Day Package – Even when we do points and miles a lot, there are still times that we can make slight mistakes that cost us what we are trying to make. Here is my story of that.
- One of My Favorite Use Of Miles & Points – Miles and points have taken me all over the world and given me some incredible experiences. But, this post details a little about what one of my favorite uses for them is – even though it may not be that aspirational.
That’s it for last week! Hope your summer is going well! We are flying right into July 4th shortly, which is amazing that this year is flying by that fast. We have a birthday coming up in our family (so that means we head back to my family’s favorite hotel for that!).
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.