Amazon is back with some very aggressive sales on iPads across the board. With prices starting at just $249 for the 9.7″ iPad, there is definitely something for everyone! If you want an iPad with cellular capability, they have that on sale as well!
Great Deals on Many iPads – From $249 and Up (Including LTE Models)
The Amazon links below are affiliate links that support the site – thank you!
Which iPad to Buy?
This can be a hard question to answer because it really comes down to what each person needs/wants out of a tablet. I will try to make some broad generalizations to help someone who may really not know which model would be best for them (and feel free to chime in in the comment section on your thoughts as well):
- 2018 9.7″ iPad – great for media consumption and a general purpose tablet
- works with the first generation iPad Pencil so great for note and drawings as well!
- 2019 iPad Air – great for someone who wants an elegant keyboard solution and enough power to manage multiple browsers and some content editing. The 10.5″ display is also a nice upgrade from the 9.7″ iPad display
- works with the first generation iPad Pencil, which is a disappointment since it is the newest release iPad
- cheapest iPad that has an Apple Smart Keyboard option
- 2018 iPad Pros – great for the professional or creator that demands top performance from a tablet. This includes someone who is doing heavier photo editing/video editing on their tablet or wants something that can handle many tasks without having to bring a laptop. Also good for someone who wants more than 256GB of storage
There you go!
2018 9.7″ iPad
These are on sale at the usual sale price of $249 (down from $329) for the 32GB version and $354 for the 128GB version. With both versions working with the Apple Pencil, these truly are great bargain deals for an excellent tablet.
The cellular variants are also on sale, though not by as much as the WiFi models.
2019 iPad Air
Link: 2019 iPad Air
This is the latest iPad so it is no surprise that the savings is the most minimal. You will only get a $20 savings but if this is a tablet you want, might as well save something!
IPad Pro 11”
This is the model I have and I think it is the perfect size for some one that will be taking it around with them all the time. If you can deal with cloud-based storage, the 64GB should be sufficient but if you plan on using it for photo editing (with Adobe Lightroom or the full Photoshop coming later this year), you may want to go up to 256GB of storage since you cannot expand the onboard storage. Both Silver and Space Gray are on sale.
- iPad Pro 11” 64GB – $675 ($125 off)
- iPad Pro 11” 256GB – $799 ($150 off)
- iPad Pro 11” 512GB – $949 ($150 off)
- iPad Pro 11” 1TB – $1,349 ($150 off)
Cellular models are discounted as well! This is a great way to add a Google Fi data SIM and have fast data coverage around the world for a flat $10 per 1GB!
IPad Pro 12.9”
The best deals are on the 12.9” version. This has the same display size as the older 12.9” iPad Pro models but they shrunk the bezels to make it quite a bit smaller and lighter.
- iPad Pro 12.9” 64GB – $849 ($149 off)
- iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB – $999 ($70 off)
- iPad Pro 12.9” 512GB – $1,149 ($200 off)
- iPad Pro 12.9” 1TB – $1,449 ($220 off)
I actually type many of my blog posts on my 11” iPad Pro so I can tell you I am quite familiar with it. While there are some quirks, it is amazing how portable and multi-functional it is for me.
Not only does the 1TB have an insane amount of local storage but it is the only iPad with the 6GB of RAM installed.