Welcome to this week’s summary of posts here at Running with Miles! It was a rough week for me since I was sick pretty much the whole week. That made it hard to get excited about some things with travel, miles, and points – of course, a nice 100K bonus offer could have snapped me out of it. Maybe. Anyway, on the mend and looking forward to a better week!
Travel, Miles, & Points
- The Perfect Flight Schedule Almost Turned Into A Big Mistake – Sometimes, even the best laid plans can get messed up. That almost happened with me because of the perfect flight schedule I chose.
- Looking Past The “Cheapest” Options Can Save You Money And Points! – The first and cheapest options are actually not always the cheapest. By looking a little further, you can get a better ticket or better room for even less in some situations.
- Great New Options & Deals For Google’s Fi Phone Service (Cheap International Data) – Google’s Fi service is certainly one of, if not the, cheapest plan for international data. Now, the options for getting that have expanded to include new phones which will bring cheaper prices on the current model.
- Immigration Fast Track – Not Always The Fastest! – Elite status and premium cabin passengers can get access to fast track lanes in certain countries. But, they are not always the fastest.
- Yet Another Easy Path To Hilton Gold Status – Courtesy Of The American Express Platinum Card – Hilton HHonors Gold is certainly the most widely available hotel elite status to get and it just got a little easier to get.
- Is This The New Normal Chase Ink Offer? [+ Other Normal Business Offers] – A good thing for point chasers of all kinds as it looks like these increased offers from Chase are here to stay.
- Still No Free Night – Waiting Again For The Office Of The President – After waiting several weeks, I wait again for my second communication from the “office of the president” – the president of US Bank, that is. Still waiting for my free night!
- Review: Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi – A Gem Of A Category 3 – The Hyatt Capital Gate in Abu Dhabi is an incredible value, especially considering it is a Category 3. Check out this review to get information about this property and see some of the photos.
- The Most Laughable Airline Discount I Have Ever Had – Airline discounts can be a big help, but this particular one was the absolute worst airline discount I have ever had!
- Deal of the Day: LifeSpan TR4000i Folding Treadmill – Expired
- Good Deal: GoPro HERO4 Session – $249 – Expired
- Good Deal: Google Nexus 6 For $299 (Great For Cheap International Data) – This deal is still going on and you can pick one up at a good price to use for Google Fi and cheap international data.
- Great Deal: GoPro HERO4 Black – $379 – This deal is still going on and is a great price for a fantastic camera. There are not that many left so move soon!
- 5 Tips For Selecting A Boston Marathon Qualifying Race – With the Boston Marathon being many runner’s goal, here are some tips for selecting the best Boston Marathon qualifying race.
- One Second Made A Disappointing Difference For This Runner’s Goal – Another Boston Marathon qualifying story but this was a disappointing one. Find out what 1 second meant to this runner.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.