It has been a while since I wrote enough posts in a week (or a month, for that matter!) that I was able to do a weekly summary! Excuse this coming out one day late (I normally do it on Monday). We were dealing with a lot of strange intermittent, internet issues yesterday!
Miles, Points, and Travel
Anyway, here are the posts from the week that are still applicable. Check out what you may have missed!
- Does Southwest Boarding Pass “A1” Really Mean You Get Any Seat? – Thanks to different reasons, I ended up buying up on a Southwest flight and got boarding pass A1. But, does that mean you will get any seat on the plane?
- The Problem Accessing Southwest Internationally Is Getting Worse – This problem has been going on for a couple of years and Southwest has done nothing to make it right. In fact, it is getting worse.
- JetBlue and Amazon Changes – There are people that really benefited from this great partnership but that is coming to an end here soon. Time to get your last JetBlue points when shopping on Amazon – from the ground, anyway.
- Stack These Two Promos to Get Aeroplan Miles From 1.45 Cents Per Mile – One of these promos is dead now but the other will still get you a 25% transfer bonus (at least – see the post below) to Aeroplan. This is great for booking some awesome rewards!
- Drop App Review – Two weeks ago, Dustin talked about how he picked up some nice rewards using the Drop app. This time around, he does a great review and overview of this app so you know if it something for you.
- How Southwest’s Point-to-Point Flights Almost Caused Me a Big Headache – Southwest going with the point-to-point model for flights is efficient and helpful for travelers, but it can also cause some headaches when weather hits that is nowhere near where you are or where you are going!
- Why I Will Not Rent From Payless Again – Dirty Car, Pushy Agents, and More – I have rented from a lot of car agencies, both domestically and internationally. But, none of them hit all the wrong buttons quite like Payless and that is why I will not rent from them again. And it appears that I am not alone in this…
- My Lost Bag That Traveled the World for 5 Weeks – What Emirates Did Right – It is never nice being without your luggage. How about being without it for 5 weeks? Find out what Emirates did right in this situation and how much they reimbursed me for my bag’s contents.
- Review: Greentoe – The Name-Your-Price Website for Electronics and Fitness Equipment – There are a lot of things that I will not even try doing deals on anymore, thanks to Greentoe. Many times, I have gotten deals from them that I could never replicate with my own deal-hunting/stacking – even with open box equipment! Give them a try!
- A Bad Pet Week for United As There Is Another Dog Incident – United just could not get on the right side of the dog issue last week – and that is even after chartering a private jet for one of the dogs! Now, they have suspended pet travel in the cargo area so they can figure out how they keep killing or misplacing these pets.
And that is it for last week! I still have a lot of reviews to get through from our whirlwind two months trip so hopefully you will find some value and help in them when I get to writing them!
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock