It is that time of year – the end of February is almost upon us and for Hyatt Diamond members, that means the expiration of our Diamond Suite Upgrades. Find out what you need to know about booking with them and how next year will be different.
Use Your Expiring Diamond Suite Upgrades Now!
As I wrote about last month, Hyatt is changing their very generous policy of allowing members to use Diamond Suite Upgrades past their expiration dates next year. For the upgrade certificates that will be issued March 1, they must be used for stays that end before February 28, 2017. So, this is your last chance to get a lot of time out of expiring certificates. Even though your Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates expire Monday, you can use any that you have left for stays through the end of the Hyatt booking schedule (provided there is availability). Here is what you need to know about those upgrades.
Using Diamond Suite Upgrades
One of the big perks of being a Hyatt Diamond member is the issuance of 4 Diamond Suite Upgrades. Providing there is availability for the suites that these book into, you can confirm this suite upgrade at the time of booking or any time up to your stay. The suite upgrades give you an upgrade to a one-bedroom suite.
Do know this – there are some properties where the Diamond Suite Upgrade cannot be used. They are:
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
- Park Hyatt Sydney
- Andaz Tokyo
- Hyatt Regency Kyoto
- Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
- Hyatt Regency Tulsa
- Hyatt Regency Wichita
- Hyatt Paris Madeleine
- Hyatt Herald Square
- Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa
- Hyatt Manila City of Dreams
- Hyatt Santa Barbara
- Hyatt Residence Club resorts
- Hyatt Place
- Hyatt House hotels
- Hyatt Residence Club properties
- M life resorts.
What You Need To Know
- Each Diamond Suite Upgrade can upgrade you on stays up to 7 nights each! That means that if you have booked a 7 night stay for vacation, you could use a single upgrade and be in a suite the entire time!
- To use a Diamond Suite Upgrade, you must be on an eligible rate, just like for earning elite credits. That means that you cannot apply it on award stays but it can be applied on Points+Cash stays.
- To use a Diamond Suite Upgrade, you must call the Hyatt Diamond line 800.400.2261 to book the upgrade. They can tell of you of availability and process the upgrade immediately.
- You can also use your Diamond Suite Upgrade by contacting Hyatt on Twitter. They are very prompt in their replies and always able to help.
- The 4 Diamond Suite Upgrades you have now will expire on February 29, 2016 but they can be applied to bookings that take place after that time. So, if you have a stay next September, you can apply an upgrade certificate from your pool of upgrades now for that stay next year.
- On/after March 1, you will receive a new batch of 4 Diamond Suite upgrades that can be used through February 28, 2017.
- If you make a change/cancel your reservation after February 29, you will lose your Diamond Suite Upgrade certificate (but you can use one of the 4 that will be issued after March 1).
I have some left and am trying to firm up some travel plans that involve cities with Hyatts now. These upgrade certificates are fantastic and can get you a lot of value – hopefully, you will not let them go to waste and you can get them confirmed before the expiration!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.