Apple is running a portal deal with two different airlines. This gives you the option to choose which airline you would like to earn miles with (and, unless you need the United miles for an award soon, Alaska is a great way to go!).
Today Only: Earn 5 Miles Per Dollar at Apple
With this deal, you can earn 5 Alaska Mileage Plan miles per dollar or 5 United MileagePlus miles per dollar (American is also increased, but only paying out 4 miles per dollar). Here are the details.
Note: Alaska has a mystery bonus (mine was 500 bonus miles for $200 in spend) that can help you earn even more miles on your Apple purchases!
Unlike the last time this deal was run with mileage portals, pretty much any Apple purchases will count! The exclusions, noted below, are the new AirPods, new iPad Air, and the new iPad Mini. This means that things like the newest iPad Pros, new Mac Minis, and the new MacBook Air are included in these mileage deals.
- Products not eligible are: New AirPods, iPad Air and iPad mini, gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs, and shipping.
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- EPP purchases are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
If you are eligible for the school discount, that can make this deal even better!
What to Buy from Apple Today
Unless you really need it right now, I would avoid using this deal as a reason to purchase a new 15″ MacBook Pro (unless you have a custom spec you need). The reason is that there are some rumors about a new one coming out either in June or in October and that should address some of the issues some users have been experiencing (I have not had any issues at all with my 2018 MacBook Pro 15″).
I would also suggest passing on the 13″ MacBook Pro as the word is that the 2019 version may allow you to have 32GB of RAM in them. However, if you don’t need that much and you are looking for a great, portable machine, you really can’t go wrong with one.
However, if you wanted to go for a new iPad Pro, those machines are just beasts and they won’t be updated for at least 6 months so it would be a safe buy. I will remind you that Apple retailers had an amazing sale just last month on these iPad Pros that would totally beat going the mileage route so, again, don’t jump just because of the miles.
Finally, if you want an Apple Watch Series 4, I would definitely buy that direct from Apple through this deal. No one else is having a sale on them yet so that would be a good way to go.