A new Southwest sale has posted for this morning. While this new Southwest sale is not nearly as great as the $49 ones that they run a few times a year, it is still a time to save money and points on new and existing reservations.
New Southwest Sale – Good through March 2017!
- Book from September 6 through September 19, 2016, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel by (domestically) September 20, 2016 through March 18, 2017
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 20, 2016 through December 8, 2016 and January 17, 2017 – March 2, 2017
- International travel September 20, 2016 through December 13, 2016 and January 10, 2017 through March 2, 2017
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays
- Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays
- Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid only on Monday – Thursday
- International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays
- Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays
- Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
- Fares valid on nonstop service only
- Sale Link
As usual, this sale can be booked using cash or points.
Check Your Reservations to Save Money/Points!
The real benefit of these sales is for you to check your existing Southwest reservation and see if the fare is any cheaper right now. This is very common because many people will book as far out as they can when the schedule opens to ensure they have the flight. Then, with Southwest’s generous cancellation/change policy, you can make changes to the reservation and always make sure you are booked at the lowest price.
Cancellation and Change Policy
If you have already booked your tickets in the past, you can still take advantage of the sale. Southwest has the best cancellation/rebooking policy of the US airlines. Basically, as long as you cancel by 10 minutes before the flight, you get the points back in your account for free and with no penalty. That means you are free to make any changes you want without any problems or loss of points or cash!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
While this is certainly not their great sale, it is a good time to check your reservations already booked. If you booked a while ago, you will have a decent shot at getting some money/points back with this sale. That is always a good thing and a great reason to shop with Southwest.