American Express refreshed their Premier Rewards Gold card last year and, along with increased annual fees and new benefits, introduced a limited-time Rose Gold version of the card. Amex must have done their marketing homework because it turned out that this color was immensely popular.
I would never suggest signing up for a credit card because of the color or material a card uses, but if you do want the 50,000 points and you like the rose gold color, you have 1 week left to apply. Personally, the rose gold does not appeal to me but I may be in the minority on that one!
The Rose Gold card option and the 20% back at US restaurants will go away from the offer as of January 9.
Last Week for the Amex Rose Gold Card – Plus, Get 50,000 Points
Link: American Express Gold Card (to get the 50,000 point offer, make sure you click that referral link, select to view Personal Cards, and then select the card from that following page – if you apply using this link, I will also get Membership Reward points as well so, thank you!)
This card is positioned to be an attractive option for the person who likes earning increased points on supermarket shopping and restaurants. This increased bonus category even beats out the very popular Chase Sapphire Reserve on dining by offering 4X Membership Reward points.
- Receive 20% back as a statement credit at U.S. Restaurants with the Gold Card within the first 3 months of your Card Membership, up to $100 back. Offer available to new Card Members who apply by 1/9/2019.
- Plus, earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at US restaurants.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at US supermarkets, on up to $25,000 per year in purchases.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- NEW $120 DINING CREDIT- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at participating partners. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required
- $100 AIRLINE FEE CREDIT– Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $100 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your American Express® Gold Card account.
- Annual fee: $250
- Can select a Rose Gold or traditional Gold colored card
The New Card Perks
It will also come with $120 in dining credits per year, spread out as a $10 max credit each month. These are good for Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and participating Shake Shack locations. So, if you wanted to stop in at the Cheesecake Factory every month, you could get a “free” slice of cheesecake with this.
For the first 3 months for new members (this part of the offer also expires January 9), you will also be able to take advantage of a statement credit of 20% back on US restaurant purchases, up to $100 back. This is American Express really trying to get new members used to using this card for dining!
But, all of this comes with an increased annual fee – $250 per year up from $195. The bad part is that the annual fee is not even waived for the first year for new members.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.