Much like Chase’s referral for their Sapphire Preferred and Freedom cards, American Express has a referral program for card owners. They run this “Refer a Friend” promo every so often and this is the time for it again!
If you have an American Express SPG card (business or personal) or the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card, you can refer it to friends and family for a 5,000 point bonus for every one that applies and is approved for the card. This is a great deal and something that would also help your friends and family. The offer available through this referral is the same one that is publicly available.
American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Offers (business and personal)
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints after first purchase
- Earn 15,000 additional Starpoints after spending $5,000 in 6 months
American Express Premier Rewards Gold
- Earn 25,000 Membership Reward points after spending $2,000 in 3 months
Here are the particulars:
- You must refer people by 10/1/2014
- They must apply and be approved by 10/1/2014
- You can receive up to 55,000 points per calendar year
- The friends and family must apply through the REFER NOW buttons in the e-mail
Get on this right away! This promo is good for 55,000 points per calendar year. This means that you can get 55,000 points (11 referrals) this year if the people apply and are approved by December 31st and next year (if they apply and are approved by 10/1/2014). This would require 22 of your friends and family applying and being approved to earn the max, but that would earn you 110,000 points!
Obviously, the more valuable of the two kinds of points (SPG vs Membership Rewards) are SPG points. So, it would be good if you were able to refer the SPG card.
If you do not have currently have a SPG card (business or personal) and would like to help me earn 5,000 Starpoints as well, please e-mail me for the referral e-mail – email@example.com I would greatly appreciate it!