Welcome to the Best Point Earning for the Runner series. This is intended to help the runner obtain the best prices on gear while maximizing the points they can earn. I will cover many different sites and the best cards to use for which purchases as well as some of the best deals on gear.
Best Point Earning for the Runner – Under Armour
I first heard of Under Armour back in 2003 for their compression shirts. I really came to appreciate them quickly for their product quality. Shortly after Under Armour became popular, different stores and manufacturers began to try and copy the brand while offering a less expensive product. The problem was that some of the brand copycats cost half as much but the quality was poor enough that after a few washings it would begin to deteriorate. I have really never had that happen with Under Armour. The couple of times I had problems, all I had to do was to call them (had a person answer on the first ring – very refreshing) and they sent me a new product and I returned the faulty product.
Since the first time I used them, my running wardrobe began to fill with mostly Under Armour products. Now, my favorite running clothes and accessories are all Under Armour. The only thing that I do not use all the time is the Under Armour running shoes. I have used them and really do like them, but as most of you runners know, when you find a shoe that works for you, you stay with it! If you are not yet tied to a running shoe model, give Under Armour a try.
So, if you have already used Under Armour, then you know how great it is and probably do not mind having some more. If you have not used it yet, try it and you will really like it! Once you get hooked, you will want to find the best point earning opportunities for Under Armour since they do not typically go on deep discount (except for clearance). So, here are some of the best point earning opportunities for you!
Under Armour – underarmour.com
- American Airlines – 8 points per dollar (free standard shipping on orders of $45 or more through 3/31 when using code AMERICANUA)
- Choice Priviliges – 7 points per dollar
- Delta Skymiles – 3 points per dollar (free standard shipping on orders of $45 or more through 3/31 when using code DELTAUA)
- Hawaiian Airlines – 5 points per dollar (free standard shipping on orders of $45 or more through 3/31 when using code SHIPUA)
- Hilton HHonors – 5 points per dollar
- Marriott Rewards – 6 points per dollar
- Priority Club – 5 points per dollar (free standard shipping on orders of $45 or more through 3/31 when using code COMMERCEUA)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards – 4 points per dollar (free standard shipping on orders of $45 or more through 3/31 when using code SOUTHWESTUA)
- Ultimate Rewards Mall – 7 points per dollar (7.49 points per dollar if you use your Chase Sapphire Preferred card)
- US Airways – 6 points per dollar (free standard shipping on orders of $45 or more through 3/31 when using code USAIRUA)
- United Mileage Plus – 3 points per dollar (free standard shipping on orders of $45 or more through 3/31 when using code UNITEDUA)
There are other online stores that carry Under Armour products, but Under Armour’s own website offers a ton of discount stuff as well as normally offering the same price as anywhere else. The good part is that if you search for Under Armour in the above portals, it will show you various UA products from other stores and the points you can earn. Bonus Info: Most of these portals links to Under Armour do not disallow the purchase of gift cards. So, you could technically go through American Airlines shopping portal and purchase a $100 UA gift card and receive 800 points and then (when you get the gift card) go back through the AA shopping portal to get another 800 points, effectively earning your 16 AA miles per dollar instead of the stated 8. Another option is to purchase a UA gift card if you live near or will be traveling near a Under Armour outlet.
Remember, to take advantage of shopping portals, you do not need to have any specific credit card (except for the Ultimate Rewards Mall) to receive the points listed above. You can use any credit card to receive those points.