When the Chase Sapphire Preferred first came out, there had been some varying offers in the first year. I remember some targeted offers of 100,000 points, a rare pop up to 75,000 points – all pretty nice! But, this is definitely the best ever Chase Sapphire Preferred offer that is publicly available.
Best Ever Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer of 80,000 Ultimate Reward Points
Note: this offer is not available through affiliate links or with refer a friend offers. This is only available through the Chase website.
The standard offer (as of now) is 50,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months of having the card. Well, now Chase has rolled out a new standard that is a no-brainer for anyone wanting to sign up for this card. It is an offer that gives you the chance to get up to 80,000 bonus points!
Here are the details:
Earn up to 80,000 Bonus Points
- 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Plus earn an additional 30,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases within your first year of account opening
- 2X points on travel and dining – Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants- from airfare and hotels to fine dining and cafés.
- Plus, Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 25% more in travel redemption – Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Annual Fee: $95 (waived the first year)
- This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule
- You can only have one Chase Sapphire product at a time
- You can only get one Chase Sapphire bonus within 24 months
Analysis – Best Ever Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer
This is an awesome offer for two reasons – it is the highest, publicly available offer ever on the Chase Sapphire Preferred and its simple structure. It is great because you can get it and stop after the $4,000 spend and have the same 50,000 points you would have with other offers, but if you wanted to go for it, you could do the additional spending for the extra 30,000 points.
Meeting the $20,000 spending in one year is not really that big of a deal in terms of putting your spending on this card. In reality, you are only spending $16,000 extra (since you need to spend $4,000 for the first bonus anyway). That means you will be earning 2.87 Ultimate Reward points per dollar if you meet the total spending requirement. That is the best deal around right now (unless you got the new Chase Freedom Unlimited offer) for earning Ultimate Reward points on non-bonus spend.
If you are eligible for it (ie. have not had a Sapphire bonus in 24 months and do not currently hold a Sapphire product), definitely considering going for it! It is an excellent deal!
Be careful – some sites have the offer that is similar but requires $30,000 in spending! This offer above is definitely better!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.