Airline elite status normally comes with benefits like extra luggage, an occasional upgrade, lounge access, preferred boarding, etc. But, Aegean Airlines’ Miles & Bonus status actually comes with a lot more – things like discounts at restaurants, shopping, and more. So, if you have Aegean elite status, here is what you need to know!
Discounts and Perks with Aegean Elite Status in Greece
I had wanted to do this post earlier but many people’s elite status was set to expire May 24. This meant that, unless you met the re-upping requirements, you would not have had status or access if you visited Greece this summer. But, since Aegean extended the status expiration until November of 2022, you have all summer and part of fall to take advantage of these discounts!
Next, there are even some discounts just for people that sign-up for the Aegean Miles & Bonus program – which is free – so definitely sign up even if you don’t think you will earn status! Plus, you get 1,000 award miles and elite miles just for signing up!
There are three different Aegean levels of status – Blue (which is just a member), Silver, and Gold. While some of the best discounts and perks are reserved for Gold members, there are several discounts that are at the same level for both Silver and Gold. But, we will start with Gold.
Benefits and Discounts Available to Aegean Gold Members
To start with, Aegean Gold members get several certificates loaded into their account. These certificates now do not expire until November so you can still use them when flying in/around and staying in Greece.
Discounts with Certificates
The following certificates need to be printed out from within your account to take advantage of the various discounts or perks.
- Aegean/Olympic Air Upgrades (4) – Gold members receive 4 upgrade certificates and you just need to call in to the Aegean service center to apply them for a valid reservation, if upgrade space is available. The upgrade bucket is the same as the award bucket so if you search for a business class award on Aegean and there is availability, there is availability for the upgrade as well.
- Athens Airport Parking – Gold members receive 2 certificates for free 24 hour parking at long-term at the Athens Airport and 1 certificate for free valet parking at the airport
- Marriott Bonvoy – There are several Marriott properties in Greece and each one on the list has a different perk/discount available:
- Blue Palace – 20€ discount at Asia Blue restaurant
- Hotel Grande Bretagne – 25€ discount on a spa treatment
- Mystique – 30€ discount at Lure by Olivier Camphanha Restaurant
- The Romanas – Unlimited use of the Anazoe Spa Heat experience for a day
- The Westin Resort Costa Navarino – Unlimited use of the Anazoe Spa Heat experience for a day
- Santa Marina – 20% discount to all SPA Therapies at Ginkgo Spa
- Sheraton Rhodes Resort – 25€ discount at L’Onda or Thèa restaurant
- Vedema – Complimentary 4th night stay
- Vedema – 30€ discount at Alati restaurant
- Yes! Hotels – Gold members receive a 10% discount in a variety of ways at the following Yes! properties:
- Twenty One – 10% discount on next stay
- New Hotel – 10% discount on a Spa treatment
- New Hotel – 10% discount at the hotel restaurant
- Periscope – 10% discount on your next stay
- Semiramis – 10% discount on your next stay
- Holmes Place – Aegean Gold members receive free access for 7 consecutive days for studio classes, gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi and more. Available for Gold member and one other person.
Discounts with Gold Card
For these discounts or perks, you simply need to show your Aegean Gold card (available as a digital card from within the Aegean app). Remember that you, most of the time, will need to show the card before your order.
There is a website that Aegean has that shows you all the places and what you get but I will highlight some of my top picks here. They have a variety of partners in the areas of Shopping, Food & Drink, Culture & Entertainment, Health & Beauty, and Accommodation.
- La Pasteria – this is an Italian restaurant (I know, you are in Greece!) that we really enjoy and is excellent. They have locations in various places in the country (check it here). Blue members get 10% off, Silver members get 15% off, and Gold members get 20% off.
- NOESIS – this is a science center and technology museum in Thessaloniki that has a great view of the Aegean (just so you know!) and is really great for kids. Blue members get 10% discount on tickets and Silver and Gold members get 20% discount on tickets.
- Kuzina – This is an excellent Greek restaurant in Athens and Silver members get a 15% discount and Gold members get 20%.
- Electra Hotels & Resorts – There are 5 Electra hotels and resorts in Greece that participate in this and each one has different discounts or benefits for the various elite status levels. Check it out here.
- Lesvos Scuba Oceanic Centre – Even the basic Blue members get discounts here as well as the Silver and Gold members. Visit the link to see the wide range of discounts on the various courses and dives available.
- Thessaloniki Concert Hall – this is a beautiful venue with some great performances (we once heard the Vienna Symphony here). Not only do all Aegean members get various discounts (Blue gets 10%, Silver gets 15%, and Gold gets 20% and a seat upgrade in the next zone, based on availability) but you can also earn or even redeem miles.
For 145 total partners, check this link here.
In addition, having Gold elite status can also get your discounts on Hertz car rentals!
It is awesome to have an airline elite status that gets you honest-to-goodness discounts and perks on the ground as well! Hope these Aegean benefits help you on your trip to Greece this summer!