Happy Monday to all of you! I hope you had a great week last week! I had a good and somewhat disappointing week when it comes to training. For the first time in a year, my training is going really well as far as getting some speed back and getting the miles in. The disappointing part is that the marathon I am training for, the inaugural Tehran Marathon, is in a little over two weeks – and I still have not received an answer on my visa! This is cutting it a little close in the world of marathon training! 🙂
Here are the posts from the week, in case you missed any of them.
Miles, Points, and Deals
- New Amex Offer For Points – 5,000 MR Points for $250 Spending at Hugo Boss – As happens on Mondays, Amex threw out some new offers last Monday including an interesting one for Hugo Boss that would let you earn up to 20 Membership Reward points per dollar on your spending there!
- Earn 50,000 United Miles by Referrals & Then Leave The Links Here! – If you have the United MileagePlus Explorer card, you can now get your own referral links to have others sign up through – and you and them can earn miles!
- Fantastic SPG Moments Package for Hawaii – Great Way to Use Your Starpoints! – If you want to visit Hawaii and you have a stash of Starpoints, this is definitely a package to keep your eyes on! It ends in 3 days and has a lot included in it.
- The Best Approach for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Now – Now that the Chase Sapphire Reserve bonus is down to 50,000 points, here are some thoughts on what should be the best approach to maximizing what it has to offer.
- Some New Amex Offers to Save Money & Earn Points – More Amex Offers that will save money and help you earn points!
- Next Era in Credit Card Rewards – Dustin has a fine article outlining what could be the next era in credit card rewards – or at least something we would certainly love to see!
- How To Gain Entry To The (Sold Out) 2017 Paris Marathon – Using Only Miles – Want to run this year’s Paris Marathon even though it is sold out? Here is how you can do it – without spending a dime!
- Formula 1 Fans, Get the Ultimate VIP Package Using Your SPG Starpoints! – If you are a Formula 1 fan, this is the SPG package for you! It will go high but it has some pretty cool VIP perks with it.
- One Way That American Express Beats Chase – Chase has Amex beat in many ways but this is one way that Amex does have them beat when it comes to the recurring customer base.
- A New 40K Hyatt Point Card Offer [Targeted] – What You Need to Know – A new 40K Hyatt point card offer is out in the wild! Find out how to see if you got a targeted e-mail and what you should know about this offer.
- 4 Crazy New Hyatt Category 7 Hotels – Hyatt’s Category 7 hotels are their cream of the crop and this category has just received 4 new, bizarre members that certainly do not fit with the high end hotels! 🙂
That’s it for last week! Hope you got in on the eBags deal for Tumi. I was able to pick up a small bag that I had been looking out for for a while. When it is all said and done, I got it for 58% off! Not bad!
If you are a marathoner, this week is a pretty important one for a major event! Make sure you check back this week!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.