This Thursday, January 22, is the day that Hyatt enacts their category changes to a number of hotels. This year’s changes were not that bad concerning hotels that are going to cost more for point redemption in the next year. In fact, we are gaining (hotels decreasing in category) more than we are losing by a score of 48 moving lower and 22 moving up.
3 Hyatt Hotels To Book Before Thursday
But, there are 3 Hyatt hotels that you should definitely book before Thursday – if you have the Hyatt credit card and have an anniversary certificate in your account! The reason is that these three hotels are going to bump up to a category 5 on Thursday.
While not a huge increase in points (5,000 points per night), it does put these 3 hotels outside of the eligibility for the Hyatt anniversary night that comes with the Chase Hyatt credit card. That free night can only be used on hotels that are in categories 1 – 4. So, which hotels should you be looking at booking before Thursday?
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
This Nassau hotel is not even open yet and they are already changing its category classification! The hotel is accepting reservations for stays from May 1 on, so you can go ahead and lock in a night now with your certificate.
Grand Hyatt Macau
While I do not have any personal experience with this hotel, the reviews for the hotel have been very good. Given its location and the quality of the hotel, it is not a surprise to see this one climb a category.
Park Hyatt Seoul
This hotel going up is also not a surprise. To be honest, I thought it was very under-ranked at the Category 4 spot so it is to be expected that it went up. I really enjoyed my stay here and the location for a nice quick experience/trip in Seoul is pretty good. I especially liked that the City Airport terminal was right across the street – so I went through passport control before ever actually getting to the airport! See my review here.
6 Hyatt Hotels To Book After Thursday
There are 6 Hyatt hotels that are actually dropping into range of the Chase Hyatt anniversary certificate! So, if you are interested in any of these hotels, get ready to book them with your certificate this Thursday or after!
- Grand Hyatt Washington (website)- great news that this hotel has dropped a level. This brings a beautiful, nicely located hotel in the DC area down to a night that can be redeemed with the annual certificate.
- Hyatt French Quarter (website) – this hotel is situation in a French Quarter landmark building in the city of New Orleans.
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa (website) – this resort hotel, located in Bonita Springs, FL will be a welcome addition to the category 4 ranking as it is always nice to have award options in Florida at lower levels.
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (website) – another Florida resort hotel as a category 4. This one is located in the very hotel dense, Orlando area.
- Hyatt Regency La Jolla (website) – this Hyatt is located in San Diego. Nice to see another option for the anniversary night in this area.
- MGM Grand (website) – this MLife hotel is now bookable with Hyatt Visa anniversary night. It is a nice option because this hotel can be one of the more expensive Las Vegas hotels.
Booking Anniversary Nights
Of course, to get any of these hotels with the certificate, you must have already passed at least your first anniversary of holding the Chase Hyatt card. To me, that card is a no-brainer for someone interested in hotels with its very strong sign-up bonus (2 free nights at any Hyatt) and the free night each year.
If you already have the card, sign-in to your account and then go to the Hyatt Gold Passport page. There, you will click on your Awards which will show you the certificate and the date of expiration. After that, just click to plug-in your city and dates and book your room! Simple as that!
If your free night expires (say, in March), you will not be able to book a room past that date. You may be able to book over the phone past that date (this has happened before). Once booked, you can move the night around or cancel, but you will not be able to change the night to a different night after Thursday.