The end of the week and the end of the first month of 2016! For the site, January was absolutely fantastic. Thanks to you all for visiting and reading, our numbers here actually doubled from last month while hitting a whole bunch of new marks. Thanks so much for making Running with Miles a part of your online reading! I really appreciate it and it certainly makes it easier to write!
Miles, Points, & Travel
- IHG Hotels Bookable For 5,000 Points Per Night – Plus Hotels Of Note – The current round of PointBreak hotels is out from IHG. While there are not hotels that are likely to get you to plan a trip around them, there are some hotels of note and you can find them here.
- Last Week To Book The Best Domestic Awards & What You Need To Know – This is it – the last chance to book the 4,500 Avios awards for travel in North America before it goes up to 7,500 Avios each way! This post will give you all the info you need to make sure you can get your booking done.
- Getting Huge Value From Your Points For Super Bowl 50 Hotels – Going to a Super Bowl host city on Super Bowl weekend can be very expensive. But, it can also be a time when you can get incredible value from your hotel points. This post shows you the hotels and the value you can get from using points at them.
- JetBlue Sale From $49 – [Expired] Expired for now but we should see another sale in a month or so from them so start picking your destinations!
- Only 2 Days Left! Book Your 60K Australia Awards Now! – [Expired] This was definitely one of the better United economy award sales that have been around. Hopefully, you were able to get in on it. If so, check this week for a review of mine on a fabulous hotel in Sydney!
- Everything You Need To Know To Book Etihad’s First Apartment On The A380 With AA Miles – Etihad’s First Apartment on their A380 is one of the most aspirational first class products around. This post will give you the info you need to book this award using American Airline miles by yourself.
- Fly Etihad’s First Apartment For Over 10 Hours On 2 Flights For 40K AA Miles – If you want to fly Etihad’s First Apartment and enjoy as much of it as possible for as few miles as possible, this post will show you how you can enjoy it for over 10 hours on 2 different flights.
- Iran & Airbus Strike Deal To Bring Over 100 New Planes To Iran & What Tehran Airport Is Actually Like – Big news this week that Airbus and Iran Air struck a deal to bring over 100 new airplanes to Iran. If you will be flying on one of these planes to Iran over the next few years, find out what the airport there is a bit like. It may surprise you!
- Want A Great Workout At A Hotel? Look For Rooms Like This! – If you are going to stay at one of these hotels, find out how you can get a room with equipment to do your workout in your own room!
- The Inaugural Iran Marathon Opens To People All Over – With One Big Exception – The inaugural Iran Marathon is open and set for April 9 this year. They are inviting people from all over for this event with 2 big exceptions (yes, there is more than the original 1 exception I noted in the post).
- American Express Needs To Remove These 2 Letters To Be More Competitive – American Express needs to really step up their game this year to become more relative and competitive in the credit card market. One way they could do this is by losing these 2 letters on some of their bonus categories.
- The IHG Credit Card Just Became More Valuable With The New Category Changes – The list came out this week of 400 IHG hotels that will be going up or down in points. The bad news is that 2 new levels were added as well which makes the IHG credit card more valuable than ever for its annual perk.
Thanks for following along this week! Hope you come back as we zip into February and that your miles/point earning, the redeeming, the travel, and the running that you may do this week all goes very well!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.