Earlier this month, United released a really great promo award for travel from the US/Canada to Australia for only 60,000 miles roundtrip (on some days, 64,000 miles on other days). That is a really great deal, especially with current prices to Australia. Now, you only have 2 days left to book so move on this now!
Fly To Australia For 60,000 Miles RoundtripHere are the details of this sale that spans almost 5 months of travel to Sydney,Australia:
- Book: January 4 – January 28, 2016
- Travel: February 2, 2016 – June 22, 2016
- Pay 60,000 miles for travel on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- Pay 64,000 miles for travel on Fridays or Saturdays
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Sydney, Australia.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- The discounted Saver Awards are available to all MileagePlus members.
- Sale page is here
SummaryI know there are some of you that will not make this long of a journey in coach (and from the East Coast, it is looong!). However, I have flown to Sydney a couple of times in coach (once was on the ground for 2 hours before returning on a mileage run) and always made it! In fact, the long trip will just make you restless enough so that you are ready to get out and explore when you arrive in Sydney!
At this cost, though, it is a fantastic deal. Not only is it the same price that United charges for travel from the US to Europe, but you can get roundtrip Australia awards for less than United (and others) charge for one way in business! This is really a great chance to take the family to Australia, if it is something that you have thought about doing.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.